Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying a shower valve stem/cartridge.

Guys, I'm looking for some help identifying this part. It came from a 2 handle plus center diverter shower valve. We'd prefer to replace the whole valve with a pressure balanced assy, but this is in a hotel with back to back baths and there's no access to make the swap.

I looked on the web to find a match, but the number of possible options and false leads is bewildering. Does any one know what this might be or does anyone have a good source for looking up such an item?

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Scott

Re: Need help identifying a shower valve stem/cartridge.

How about a picture of the handles and trim. Might give us a better clue. Might be able to recognize something.

Comment

I would email a picture to this company Teeter's Faucet Parts
      They have been able to help me identify parts. I have installed this one before, but I looked and I can't remember the brand name, but I did buy the part from Teters faucet parts in Dallas, Tx.
      "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Sayco

Comment

ArizonaPlumber-Wish I could. My service tech didn't take any pictures of the assembled valve with trim, just brought this stem to me. I snapped this pic on my desk.
          Last edited by GreatLakesPlumber; 10-25-2012, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks, PlumbingbyJay-I sent a picture and request message to Teeter's. I appreciate the help.
            Last edited by GreatLakesPlumber; 10-25-2012, 07:21 AM.

Comment

plumberscrack-I looked into Sayco, but didn't find a match. Close, but nothing exact. How certain are you that it's a Sayco?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Shouldnt you be changing this to a single handle pressure balance to satisfy code? I realize the back to back issue, but what about scald liability on you since you were the last to touch it.
                26+6=1

Comment

Maybe it's Price Pfister?

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
                    Shouldnt you be changing this to a single handle pressure balance to satisfy code? I realize the back to back issue, but what about scald liability on you since you were the last to touch it.
                    You raise a good point, we're already planning to add a 1070 valve to take care of the possibility of scalding.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakesPlumber View Post
                      Thanks, PlumbingbyJay-I sent a picture and request message to Teeter's. I appreciate the help.
                      Thanks again to Plumbingbyjay. Teter was able to identify it within a couple hours of my request and I have our purchasing guy calling Teter at this moment to get a couple coming our way.

Comment

what brand is it?

I said Sayco but now I'm thinking Savoy or Universal Rundle... Milwaukee even?

Where's Big Jim when you need him?

Comment

Wow. Don't leave us hanging. What kind was it. I have been wanting to know. Glad Teters was able to help. They know faucet parts.
                          "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Sorry, guys. Didn't think to let you know what the part was. Here's what Joe at Teter's had to say-

"Looks like an old American Brass/Streamway tub stem. Part # KS11-1807"

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Where's Big Jim when you need him?
                              Who?.... What?.... I'm up, I'm up!
                              Yeah, I saw that thing. Even dusted off the old books trying to find it.
                              I can actually tell more from the trim than the stem itself.
                              It looks like a lot of different brands.
                              In the future, photo everything.

Hey, Cracker. There's a storm coming! Keep your head down, bro.
                              Last edited by Big Jim; 10-26-2012, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X