X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K400 1/2" or .55 cable 100 ft?

I have main line blockage (not complete) roots at ~90feet. I have a Ridgid K400. I have twisted the 3/8 cable to weak for roots even a little at a time. Will the double wound 0.55 cable fit? Do you need a anchor and leader? It was hard to fasten replacement 3/8" cable in the drum so 1/2" may be a real pain. I would like to put 75 feet of either 1/2 or .55 double wound in the drum and hand feed 25 feet to make it to the partial blockage. which type of connectors are best I have some of the 3/8" sloted and ridgid type but I think the .55 cable may use different type. I know this is not a good choice of a machine for roots. I may need to get either the K7500, trogan pony or stallion, other?? would like to try just the cable first but don't want to waste money if I just need to up grade machines.
    Thanks Jim

Re: K400 1/2" or .55 cable 100 ft?

Do not waste your money or time using a 400 on your main.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
      Do not waste your money or time using a 400 on your main.

What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

why not? is it because of the roots or you don't recommend the K400 at all?
        Please explain the reasons for me.

Comment

a 1/2'' machine will get you in trouble on roots.

it's like going fishing with 20# test and hooking up to a 100# fish.

some will get luck and reel them in and most will lose their tackle.

if you're lucky the fish won't bite and you get out without any losses. but if there are a school of fish in the line, kiss your rod, reel and tackle goodbye. start digging.

yes, snaking and fishing have some similarities. i'm an expert in one and mediocre in the other

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you, I searched the forums and found some other threads too. If he will sell it for 250 I will buy it.
            There are no roots in my application and I am tired of carrying the plumber's machine up and down the stairs. He is not that young and I help him out.
            This is for a small apartment building with a 4 inch drain. One of the tenants is clogging the drain on a regular basis with tee shirts and or some heavy paper towels. It is a real pain and a very nasty job. So for 250 I might as well have my own and let it live in the basement. Thanks again for the help.
            For a site that has the name Rigid in the name, I found some posts that are pretty anti Rigid and their consumer line of products.

Comment

ridgid stands behind their products. the forum is open for positive and negative comments. they do monitor it and thus gain the knowledge for the masses.

remember more people will post a negative comment for shock value than a satisfied consumer coming here to post praise.

thanks for joining.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the responces. I do like the K400 it is about all I can lift, it has worked well for a number of cleanouts on family drains. I do wish I had gotten a bigger machine. I got another 3/8" 100 foot and a 4 flute cutter I taking it very slowly have removed more fine black roots, but think there is something bigger. For now I can keep it "punched out" but not totaly clear. Not sure but will likly end up getting a bigger machine, I thought that the 0.55 cables could handle most roots?? do I need the 0.65 or 5/8 cables machines?
                Thanks Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim I. View Post
                  Thanks for the responces. I do like the K400 it is about all I can lift, it has worked well for a number of cleanouts on family drains. I do wish I had gotten a bigger machine. I got another 3/8" 100 foot and a 4 flute cutter I taking it very slowly have removed more fine black roots, but think there is something bigger. For now I can keep it "punched out" but not totaly clear. Not sure but will likly end up getting a bigger machine, I thought that the 0.55 cables could handle most roots?? do I need the 0.65 or 5/8 cables machines?
                  Thanks Jim

I hope you are not charging people for these "punch out" jobs.

I have the .66 magnum cable for my Spartan 1065. It has served me well. I wish I would have gotten the 3/4" so I could use better/different blades.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco337 View Post
                    Thank you, I searched the forums and found some other threads too. If he will sell it for 250 I will buy it.
                    There are no roots in my application and I am tired of carrying the plumber's machine up and down the stairs. He is not that young and I help him out.
                    This is for a small apartment building with a 4 inch drain. One of the tenants is clogging the drain on a regular basis with tee shirts and or some heavy paper towels. It is a real pain and a very nasty job. So for 250 I might as well have my own and let it live in the basement. Thanks again for the help.
                    For a site that has the name Rigid in the name, I found some posts that are pretty anti Rigid and their consumer line of products.
                    I wouldn't put it in 3" unless you know there is no way you will be hitting roots and then you are still taking a chance. I wouldn't use it in 4" ever. I have used a 400 out of necessity when I first opened shop and rented anything bigger until I could afford to purchase larger machines. It does ok for 2" and straight runs on 1-1/2" but that is it. If you are getting paid do yourself and your customer a favor and buy a quality machine.
                    AllurePlumbing.com
                    • leak detection
                    • drain cleaning
                    • utility locating
                    • and other specialties.

Comment

K-60..... that's all I'm sayin'!

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
                        I am glad you said it. I was wondering if Rick was having fits trying not to mention it.
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim I. View Post
                          Thanks Jim

OEM Spartan .55 cable will handle medium root jobs in 4" lines.

Never used it but from what I hear the .55 is better than the 5/8".

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post

Please don't dilute the new comers mind..............

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              OEM Spartan .55 cable will handle medium root jobs in 4" lines.

Never used it but from what I hear the .55 is better than the 5/8".
                              In your Spartan 300 but not that little Ridgid.
                              AllurePlumbing.com
                              • leak detection
                              • drain cleaning
                              • utility locating
                              • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
                              X