X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some bonehead left threader oiler bucket out in rain

To save expensive cutting fluid, I could use My oil suction gun to suck all water from bucket bottom. Any problem with this oil after ! Thanks, The BONEHEAD
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Some bonehead left threader oiler bucket out in rain

put it in a bell jar and pull a vacuum on it aand boild the water off.

Seriously though, if there is only a little water left in there I don't see too much to worry about. you'll hear some fried eggs when you cut threads as the water boils out of the oil. just get out as much as your can. isn't the pickup on the oiler raised off the bottom a bit so it won't pull water in?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Why, I'd fire the dogsnot out of that careless...

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Thanks, The BONEHEAD
      Oh.
      Never mind.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I had a large quaintly of hydraulic oil that had water in it, I drained it out (discovered I did not have oil on hand), so I boiled the oil until the water was no longer, this was 30 or 40 gallons of oil, but I would guess taking the oil up to 250F would not hurt the oil, but would boil off the water,

I would pour off the majority of the oil first and then just boiled or dispose of the bottom oil.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Use a siphon to minimize stirring up the soup. Alternately, you can run the oil through a water separator designed for diesel fuel systems.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

tool, it's a gallon of oil in there. $15.00 and you're good to go.

a little water will cause the heated threads to sizzle. but remember you're not using the machine for production so it shouldn't be a big issue.

i would wash out the entire pot and hose assy, gun with solvent and put in fresh oil. $15.00 of oil is cheaper than $100. a pop for a die.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              tool, it's a gallon of oil in there. $15.00 and you're good to go.

a little water will cause the heated threads to sizzle. but remember you're not using the machine for production so it shouldn't be a big issue.

i would wash out the entire pot and hose assy, gun with solvent and put in fresh oil. $15.00 of oil is cheaper than $100. a pop for a die.

rick.
              What's the best oil? I will do that. And what solvent ?? Thanks Rick. ELMO
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

how about some water based non-corrosive lubricant?
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
                X