Advice On Dishwasher Purchase.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice On Dishwasher Purchase.

a word of caution with miele. if you have the money to buy one, don't complain when they take all your money to service one.

i have quite a few customers with meile appliances, and they get sold on all the quietness and features, then get stole when it needs service. most dump them after the first service call not under warranty.

bosch has been a good machine for those i've installed.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      a word of caution with miele. if you have the money to buy one, don't complain when they take all your money to service one.

i have quite a few customers with meile appliances, and they get sold on all the quietness and features, then get stole when it needs service. most dump them after the first service call not under warranty.

rick.
      Thanks, PlumberRick. I did take a look at a couple of D/W's in the Miele line, and was - quite frankly - shocked at the sticker prices. The first one I saw was (I think) the Miele Futura - which commanded a whopping $1899 purchase price. Some others that I saw were, naturally, somewhat cheaper, but ALL of them are outside of my financial capabilities (fixed income).
      ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by halfpint View Post
        consumer reports magazine puts this one at the top: Bosch Ascenta SHX3AR7[5]UC
        I will certainly give it a look-see. Thanks.
        ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

A fire inspector I know says to stay away from Bosch because, according to him, they are a fire hazard. Evidently, he's investigated a number of fires which started while an unattended Bosch DW was running through it's cycle.

Comment

I wonder if the ones he saw were units that were not fixed from the recall they had for dishwashers made from May 1995 to July 2005?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
              Are they that bad Rick? I installed my first one this year, and I was in "awe" of how nice they are. They have a goofy installation , but I thought the dishwasher was flawless on initial test run.

Comment

I've owned two and won't ever use another brand.

Comment

I put in a bosch a while back that I liked very much. They paid about 800. Was quiet. Following ricks theme. I would buy one that you liked that was on the can fix w/o alot of drama and money list.

Comment

Working...
                  X