Fire Sprinkler systemdesign concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Sprinkler systemdesign concept

Just want to know a little idea as to how many sprinkler heads can one i connect with a 4" dia line, 3" dia line, 2" dia line and so on. Would be great if someone could share it in a tabulated form, like making a table and putting different dia lines and sprinkler heads against each. I am after a small warehouse firefighting designing and intend to install a fire sprinkler system there. Thanks

Re: Fire Sprinkler systemdesign concept

Originally posted by Hasni View Post
    Just want to know a little idea as to how many sprinkler heads can one i connect with a 4" dia line, 3" dia line, 2" dia line and so on. Would be great if someone could share it in a tabulated form, like making a table and putting different dia lines and sprinkler heads against each. I am after a small warehouse firefighting designing and intend to install a fire sprinkler system there. Thanks

are you serious

you're the mechanical engineer and you haven't a clue on how to size a sprinkler system.

do you even have the knowledge to know the pressure, pressure drop, developed length, head loss and so on.

i normally more than happy to help a non pro, but if you don't know what you're doing as a pro, go back to school.

am i the only one that's critical on this

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

see post #7 this sums it up.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t42423/

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        are you serious

you're the mechanical engineer and you haven't a clue on how to size a sprinkler system.

do you even have the knowledge to know the pressure, pressure drop, developed length, head loss and so on.

i normally more than happy to help a non pro, but if you don't know what you're doing as a pro, go back to school.

am i the only one that's critical on this

rick.
        No Rick. It's what I've come to expect from an "engineer".

Comment

Although not legal now for a new system, pipe sizing was determined by the number of heads. There was several limiting factors on the water supply though. This was called pipe schedule systems and is still legal if you are adding onto an existing pipe schedule system. First the hazard had to be determined (light hazard, ordinary hazard or extra hazard) then you had tables to tell you how many heads could go on what size pipe.

Now days all of the input is plugged into a computer program and you will decide what size pipe according to friction losses and velocity pressures.

That is as far as I am willing to tell since you are a mechanical engineer and I am just a peon designer (read this as siding with Rick)!!

Comment

Originally posted by g3sprinklers View Post
            although not legal now for a new system, pipe sizing was determined by the number of heads. There was several limiting factors on the water supply though. This was called pipe schedule systems and is still legal if you are adding onto an existing pipe schedule system. First the hazard had to be determined (light hazard, ordinary hazard or extra hazard) then you had tables to tell you how many heads could go on what size pipe.

Now days all of the input is plugged into a computer program and you will decide what size pipe according to friction losses and velocity pressures.

That is as far as i am willing to tell since you are a mechanical engineer and i am just a peon designer (read this as siding with rick)!!
            2nd this as a fire sprinkle contractor
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

So Rick does that mean you won't be sharing the data in tabulated format?

Comment

Working...
              X