X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sump pump stopped working

Hi, not sure if anyone can help, I installed a new 1/2 hp pedestal pump in 05, checked after rain storm and noticed it was warm , no tripped breaker but not running, don't think it was long did not trip breaker, it is a life time warranty , do I try and take apart or just return if possible ?
    Thanks Dave

Re: sump pump stopped working

if your personal vehicle was under warranty and the engine seized, would you take it apart?

take it back, get a new pump.

p.s. pedestal pumps are poo
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

The pump is 7 years old. As far as the lifetime warrenty is on defects in material and workmenship so when it breaks its life is over marvin

Comment

the warranty is whatever is stated on his paperwork. a failure of the motor sounds like a 'defect in materials' to me.
        ~~

Comment

All the pumps I've ever installed have a ONE YEAR WARRANTY, period. That industry walks in lock step.

Comment

some of the ridgid pumps are lifetime warranty. most are 90 day to 1 year. some hydromatics are 3 years while the great majority of the new hydromatics are 18 months.
            ~~

Comment

If its like most peds it was hung up and ran for an extended period of time and crapped out. You will not see anything from a warranty standpoint. Get a new/better pump.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • conductor fault locating
              • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Thanks for the input, I am going to try and return, I bought this in 05, can't find the receipt but I have the original box that states a Life Time Warranty, if Home Depot dosen't honor warranty will Rigid ?
                Thanks

Comment

A sump pump is a pump used to remove water that has accumulated in a water collecting sump pit, commonly found in the basement of homes. The water may enter by way of the perimeter drains of a basement waterproofing system, funneling into the pit or because of rain or natural ground water, if the basement is below the water table level.
                  "Ruhrpumpen.com" Leading Manufacturer Of High Quality Centrifugal Pump

Comment

Working...
                  X