X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Water Heaters

What gas tank type Water Heaters are y'all installing and why? I've been installing Bradford White with good results. Recently I have had a few issues with the tapped threads for there T&P being too lose from the factory, and I've heard of a few complaints on there Honeywell Ion control valves. I haven't had any problems with them, but want to know what other plumbers are putting in.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Re: Gas Water Heaters

Rheem/ Rudd here.....no complaints so far....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

We use Rheem. They have given us very little trouble plus now they are painted gray or black. Many of our customers have been impressed with the look of the unit which is an important factor with all of our installs.

Comment

A O Smith.
        I was putting in Bradford, but don't like the cover. Seems like it always wants to pinch the wires. My supply house offers these two. Been on a good run w/of problems, but that could change tomorrow.

Comment

Aquamax - Strainless Steel cylinder, 10 yr warranty, 5 star energy rating.

Mind you RHEEM now own them so we are waiting for the changes to begin. Rheem was getting absolutely flogged in our marketplace. he who has the money rules the roost. So because Rheem were so crap they bought out Aquamax.

Comment

In a survey of 300 plumbers B.W. Best of lot.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Well they didn't survey me.

Had a new years day call. Bradford was installed 6/13/09 leaker in 1/1/13 . That's not even 3.5 years.

Took it to the supply house for an exchange. Homeowner still paid my labor charge.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

We install Bradford White, A.O. Smith and State. A few Lochinvars in a pinch. Bw is the best of that bunch but cost us about $50 more than ao smith or state for a 50 gallon gas.

Comment

Rick , what do You recommend ?
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Did Bradford for a long time. Switched to ao smith for business reasons. Now that I'm on my own, I still do AO smith.
                    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      Rick , what do You recommend ?
                      he recommends tankless
                      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        Well they didn't survey me.

Had a new years day call. Bradford was installed 6/13/09 leaker in 1/1/13 . That's not even 3.5 years.

Took it to the supply house for an exchange. Homeowner still paid my labor charge.

Rick.

Was the leak from the T&P threads?
                        Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

Comment

i don't think so. the heater compartment was wet, the exterior of the heater was all dry and the heater would not lite. didn't bother to look inside as it's a sealed chamber and it was jan 1st. homeowner had house guest. i swapped it out the next day with no issues.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

I have had a few and I know my supply house has had a few leakers. Almost all have been from the T&P. Sometimes $h!t happens and the tank can leak too from the factory i suppose. I have never had a Bradford White do that to me, but did have a Rheem one time leak from the tank on day 1.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

Comment

This heater was only 3.5 years old.

I've had new heaters leak from the hose Bibb tank connection and also gas valves leak too.

Back in the early 80s, we used nothing but America appliance heaters. The factory was 10 minutes away in Santa Monica. My biggest gripe was with the plastic plugs they used to secure the heaters in the shipping boxes. They would hammer them in instead of screwing them in. The plastic would flake off in the threads and also fall into the tanks. This all came to a stop after I was there on a mettle and greet dinner and had a factory tour with the plant manager. Saw it happening right at the shipping line and called them out on it. Nothing like having a fixture with a piece of plastic in the valve that won't shut off when people moved in. Multiple this by the 3000 heaters a day they produced.

Today my heaters are typically a rheem , American and occasionaly a bw. Commercial raypack sometimes larrs.

Rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X