X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snake fell into waste line

You just got some real wisdom from Barry !!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      You just got some real wisdom from Barry !!

Schooled............

Comment

In the blind, no camera, it's taking a serious risk.

With a camera and an experienced drain guy, it's a piece of cake.

What's most important is to hook it from the end. This way if you have to make a turn from the tee, the cable will follow and not go 2 ways.

If there's simple clean access to the waste line below, then pulling the cable out is the way to go. But yours sounds like the camera and experienced guy is the call.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

What's most important is to hook it from the end. This way if you have to make a turn from the tee, the cable will follow and not go 2 ways.

If there's simple clean access to the waste line below, then pulling the cable out is the way to go. But yours sounds like the camera and experienced guy is the call.

Rick.
          I wonder if there's a kink at the end of his cable where it should have been anchored. You think that might help grab it ot make it harder? If he grabs it past the kink, it might get stuck going back through the wye. Just running through some scenarios in my head that might happen. It would better if part of the cable were still in the 2"

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Rick.

What would be your preferred retriever and how secure would it be as to not fall off when going back up & out the 2" line ?

Comment

if it was a sectional cable open wind, then just an open hook rick reverse auger will work like a charm. but you need to hook it close to the end so it will follow a wye or tee. too far down and it goes up the line while the retrieving cable goes up the branch.

on a drum tight wind cable, then a spiral funnel auger is best. this will thread itself onto the end of the cable and drag it straight out.

now talk about retrieving. i've had several occasions that i need to hook the last link of a 5/8'' diameter chain all wound up in 4'' pipe with 25' of chain sprang into a ball of chain.

nothing like a 40 ton chain breaking at under 20 tons of pull. then you have to camera the line, spot the end link and use a snake with retriever to hook just the last link. ask me why i'm a pro at it

my new properly rated and tested chain hasn't broken yet and i'm getting a little rusty at fishing.

never go in there blind unless you want to play getting 2 cables out of the line.

a camera and a retriever is a fun way to practice your doctor skills.

on a 2'' line, a small camera is needed as you still have a cable to push in first.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X