Plumber Rick--I need info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumber Rick--I need info

Rick, I am in the market for a new plunger. What brand/style do you recommend? (I know this is your most treasured tool )

Re: Plumber Rick--I need info

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
    Rick, I am in the market for a new plunger. What brand/style do you recommend? (I know this is your most treasured tool )
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.cGE

Comment

plungerman, wtf?

pipestone kid, my preferred plunger is a heavy rubber grapefruit size rounded plunger with a yellow handle.

not sure of the brand, but i bought 20 of them for gifts and have some left if you have no luck.

the plunger is stiff rubber and works 99% of the time.

when i last checked, the store i buy them from don't have them anymore. they sell just the cheap rubber ones and the plastic accordion style ones.

i'll grab a photo for you when i go outside. which is soon as i was just interrupted by an emergency leak at a building.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I prefer the Continental 520.

Mark
        Attached Files
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I PREFER THIS ONE HAVE OPENED MANY TOILET STOPPAGES,
          AS WELL AS OTHER DRAINS,
          I KEEP ONE IN MY BATHROOM

JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Marks link to the continental 520 looks like it. Mine have a yellow wood handle.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Wow this has to be the first thread about plungers
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

One of my commercial accounts has public use restrooms. They are generally about about the size of a small closet. Sink and toilet. I've attached a 5 foot broom handle to my plunger, that allows me to stand outside the room and plunge the toilet, without hurling my teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                  WRONG, How do You think I have the same ones as Rick?
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                    nope https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t41774/
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Also have the same as Mark and Rick. Works very well on the low flow toilets with elongated bowls.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I very rarely use a plunger now that I have the RoPump but I've NEVER used a plunger on a customers toilet as it just looks cheap and very unprofessional. Below is the one I use for other types of jobs because of it's large volume dome which is easy to work back & forth as it's made from a softer rubber.

Last edited by AssTyme; 01-06-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                          I very rarely use a plunger now that I have the RoPump but I've NEVER used a plunger on a customers toilet as it just looks cheap and very unprofessional. Below is the one I use for other types of jobs because of it's large volume dome which is easy to work back & forth as it's made from a softer rubber.
                          well here's the difference between you and me.

i advise the customer to try and plunge the toilet first. that works if they have a decent plunger. when it doesn't i come out there and plunge it for them with mine and i only charge them a small fee. typically around $50.00

using an auger because is makes you look and feel like a pro is ridiculous. it makes you look like a snake oil salesman. a customer shouldn't have to spend a days salary on a toilet stoppage because someone took a big dump.

there's a reason why my phone rings and i don't spend a dime. it's because i'm honest and try not to break the customers bank on something as simple as a plugged toilet. i always advise them to try it themselves and even tell them where to buy a proper plunger.

never broke or scratched a toilet with a plunger. and i rarely ever use an auger in a toilet.

you really think a piece of waste and toilet paper needs a 1/2'' cable to get it to move down the road.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Check this one out.

World's cleanest toilet plunger. [VIDEO]
                            26+6=1

Comment

well here's the difference between you and me.

No need to get testy Rick. I'm a professional drain cleaner not a plumber that just adds the service on the side for some extra cash. There are other ways of doing things some of which may be better than the stuck on (K-60 rules the world), my way is the best way that you do them. Sometimes your little groupie following seems to go to your head.

i advise the customer to try and plunge the toilet first. that works if they have a decent plunger. when it doesn't i come out there and plunge it for them with mine and i only charge them a small fee. typically around $50.00.

Just a guess but I would say 90%+ of people in the good ol' USA own & try to plunge before they call me. At $65.00 I don't plan on retiring anytime soon.

using an auger because is makes you look and feel like a pro is ridiculous. it makes you look like a snake oil salesman. a customer shouldn't have to spend a days salary on a toilet stoppage because someone took a big dump.

Wrong again, it's just that I don't like call backs and running a rod is a better cleaning for a sticky/pasty turd that may be stuck to the passage area or an article that may have fallen in and got lodged. I have even pulled mice/hair that were hung up. If the auger doesn't feel right/can't get through I will suggest running a camera for an additional very small fee to be 100% sure.

there's a reason why my phone rings and i don't spend a dime. it's because i'm honest and try not to break the customers bank on something as simple as a plugged toilet. i always advise them to try it themselves and even tell them where to buy a proper plunger.

When my customers ask me questions I'll always answer to the best of my ability and have spent large amounts of minutes per call doing so. When someone asks for my help I'm not going to offer a home remedy taking a chance on upsetting them or having them call the competition.

never broke or scratched a toilet with a plunger. and i rarely ever use an auger in a toilet.

Neither have I, you can't go balls out you have to be careful & make sure the protective rubber sleeve is in place.

you really think a piece of waste and toilet paper needs a 1/2'' cable to get it to move down the road.

C'mon Rick you should know there is often more to it than that.

rick.
                              Last edited by AssTyme; 01-06-2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X