X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid PVC pipe Cutter 154P

Has anyone used the ridgid 154p pvc cutter on 3 inch sch 40 pvc pipe? How well does it work compared to a sawsall? Pros & cons?

Re: Ridgid PVC pipe Cutter 154P

It's all I use I have two of them only time I use sawzall is for removing piping , I use abs but I'm sure its just as good for PVC , I also have a reed plastic deburring tool that's a must works great.

Comment

the tubing cutter is a great tool as long as you don't braek or chip the thin wheel made for plastic.

you do need a decent grip to hold the 3'' and 4'' plastic from spinning while cutting.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I hold the pipe in between my knees for 4" I've only broke the plastic wheels cutting short peices of 4" but once you get used to it its allmost quicker then a sawzall, and defenitly cleaner.

Comment

Don't you have a video Rick of beating someone cutting 4" abs with your 154 p against mark or a fello plumber with his Milwaukee sawzall ? Or is that next rodeo? Jjk

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like it should be my next tool purchase.

Comment

I have a 153 someone mislabeled on eBay and a 156. Cuts clean every time if the wheel is in good shape. The differences between the plastic and metal colors are the wheel, the handle color, on orientation of the handle. If you bought a metal cutter, put a plastic cutting wheel and flipped the knob around, you would have the same thing as a plastic cutter.

Comment

Working...
              X