X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Suggestions

Hopefully this is a valid question but I have been remodeling one of my bathrooms for the past several months. I've now decided to also retile the floor which mean the toilet has to come out. Since it is coming out I may as well replace it.

To me at the moment one toilet seems as good as another. Are there toilets that I should consider over other for any reason (such as water usage, flushing technology etc)?

Re: Toilet Suggestions

You can go to any big box and get a Kohler.

There are others that many plumbers like but I don't need you in line at our suppliers.

Many people like to ignore what we say and go with the recommendation of the guy in the smock.

Comment

All toilets aren't built the same. I would suggest a comfort height gerber viper.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'm not a fan of kohler. Toto has a large selection and a large $.

The gerbers have good reviews on the forum and we are just starting to see them here.

1 pc. Elevated, comfort height with a washlet is my choice.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          All toilets aren't built the same. I would suggest a comfort height gerber viper.
          This is a good toilet, flushes very well.
          When a customer wants to buy it themselves, I tell them above toilet or American Standard cadet.
          Or if going to home depot I tell them to spend at least $100 on toilet alone, and don't get the big Douglas valve flapper kind.
          Last edited by theplungerman; 01-23-2013, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies/suggestions. I'm happy to spend the $ for a good product. The washlet sounds like a good idea. I will look at the Gerber and Toto.

Comment

Toto has put out several flushing systems. Since California has moved to 1.28gal per flush as a new standard, the others may not even be available. The G-MAX+ dual cyclone system is nice provided no one is on any medication that hardens stools or you don't have choked off cast iron piping. Replacement parts are not available in your average hardware store, OEM is best with Toto's.

The Gerber Viper takes off the shelf parts, very user-friendly. I'm not sure on the Avalanche, but it is considered a step up,from the viper.

Washlets are awesome. It is one perk to having to run to Noritz HQ for parts on occasion.

Comment

Gerber Viper is a super toilet.......its all I furnish.......
                Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                  Gerber Viper is a super toilet.......its all I furnish.......

From what I'm hearing is that you are also furnishing them with crap too

Comment

Sorry Ridgid but the best toilet reviews are here Love Plumbing & Remodel of Bellevue & Bothell WA, Terry Love left side of page TOILET REVIEWS Good luck
                    Last edited by toolaholic; 01-23-2013, 07:41 PM.
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Get a designer toilet with the concealed trap your wife will thank you easy to clean. And the Toto or American stamndard models are nice.

Comment

Get a Gerber

Comment

Thanks guys. I will mainly consider the ones that have been recommended on here.

Comment

You can ask from the supplier where you got your tiles and others. They may suggest the best toilet the have in store.
                            plumbing in florida

Comment

If not a Viper, or the powerflush version of a Gerber, how about the airliner vacuum loo:

Vacuum Toilets - Hamworthy
                              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
                              X