X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 Chain knocker

I am on the verge of purchasing a K-60 for interior 4 inch cast iron lines averaging 40 feet or less in length.
    My question is, does anyone have experience using the k-60 with a chain knocker to "remove" the tuberculation in 4 inch cast iron waste lines ?
    If so how well did it work ?
    Your answers are highly respected.

Re: K-60 Chain knocker

The k60 , t114 chain knocker might be on the small side for 4". I would move up to the 1.25" cable and larger chain knockers.

Of course then you have the debris to try and flush out too.

Do you have a good video.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
      No I don't have any video.
      I do have a chain knocker for my 1.25 inch eel cable, but it does not cooperate well thru multiple bends (vertical clean out then transistion to horizontal).
      I was thinking the smaller cable of the K-60 would be "easier".
      The main tuberculation I need to address is the lower 1/3 of the 4 inch cast iron to help smooth out the flow so to speak.
      Have you used the T-114 chain knocker ?

Comment

No I haven't used a chain knocker on 7/8" cable. Only 1.25 and my jetter does a great job too.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I made a chain knocker for my 7/8" cable with a broken coupler. Welded a few links of chain to it. The results were OK but you had to go slow. Then there's all the scale like Rick said laying in the pipe afterwards.

Comment

Working...
          X