pressure relief valve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressure relief valve

just a quick question on the pressure relief valves, is the kpa rating calculated from releif valve installation height and above or from just from the bottom of the hwc, eg if a 3.7m relief valve is on the hwc vent on the roof is the effective head 3.7m or the height of the vent pipe above the highest outlet in the house plus the 3.7m relief valve?

Re: pressure relief valve

Good luck, pal! Any takers?

Comment

I was waiting on his fellow countrymen to help decipher the code. I can convert the metric to american measurements, but I'm stumped on the question.

If I'm guessing, I would say the incoming highest pressure is what we use. Not the pressure at the highest point, deducting for head loss.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Scariest thing Rick is he is from downunder. However he is one of Aussie Bill's statesmen. We are only distant neighbors, the farout suburb of Sydney.(Down here if you ask anyone from Sydney they think they are the heart and soul of Australia. They treat us like we are a suburb of them).................!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

what is the relief for/what is it installed on? i cant wrap my head around the question. a relief provides a safety outlet for a particular application, right? like a hot water tank - it is set for 150 psi. if head pressure and incoming pressure exceed this, it will open. shouldnt the relief valve be installed where the highest likely pressure is to be found?
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
          X