Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What the...?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    How are you going to vent that pump box?

Rick.
    The only thing he could use according to his dilemma is a pro-vent, just not sure it's legal in his state.

The right questions were not asked at the beginning of this job, as this mistake should never happen. If I walked in on this from the street, I would be walking right out, if they insisted on a pump.

But thankfully for us, 99% basements around here for us so...I could go through cabinet floor and into basement for tie in, and use old outlet for cleanout.
    Last edited by Flux; 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      The only thing he could use according to his dilemma is a pro-vent, just not sure it's legal in his state.

The right questions were not asked at the beginning of this job, as this mistake should never happen. If I walked in on this from the street, I would be walking right out, if they insisted on a pump.

But thankfully for us, 99% basements around here for us so...I could go through cabinet floor and into basement for tie in, and use old outlet for cleanout.

Use the old outlet as a vent couldn't you? Better then an air admittance valve I know it be a flat vent and wouldn't be higher then flood level rim but with a check valve and cleanout id prefer that over a cheater vent? Just a thought not sure I'd actually do it..

Comment

Air admittance valves don't work on pumps like saniflo. There is a huge warning on them not to install air admittance valves on them..

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
          Air admittance valves don't work on pumps like saniflo. There is a huge warning on them not to install air admittance valves on them..
          They absolutely do work, but with a little re-modification ; )

Comment

If you go to the studor vent web site they have an engineered drawing that shows how to install an AAV on an ejector pump tank, and.........it meets code too.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              What's on the back side of the wall.

Can't the work be done from the other side and use the upper san tee as a future c/o.

Wall shouldn't be more than 6" thick.

How are you going to vent that pump box?

Rick.
              This house is poured concrete, walls, slabs, etc. all formed and poured, (Typical Keys anti-hurricaine construction), the walls are 8 inches thick, the slabs (2 story, with kitchen on second floor) are all 12 inches poured. Copper waste arm, adapted to Cast Iron stack, all in poured 6000psi peagravel concrete. I ordered the Liberty 404 from SumppumpsDirect.com, I got a great deal, expidited shipping, and installed yesterday, vented it with a pro-vent that extends to the bottom of the countertop/top of the sink, it works like a champ. With both sinks draining, and the dishwasher draining, it pumps clean and quiet. The homeowner now thinks I'm a plumbing genius...... I know better, but as long as he's happy, he can think what he wants, right? I did tell him I had NEVER ran into this problem before, and I recieved great info from you guys here on the forum. (Ya gotta give thanks where thanks is due, right?) So... Thanks again for the help!!!

Comment

You still could have used a hammer drill & drilled a hole from the bottom of the slab up through the bottom of cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.FUDD View Post
                  You still could have used a hammer drill & drilled a hole from the bottom of the slab up through the bottom of cabinet.
                  ... OK, and what would that have done to solve the problem? This is a 2 story house, downstairs is the recreation area, upstairs, living space. NO exposed plumbing, NO drop ceiling, ALL plumbing is in the poured concrete walls, with 2 drops from the second floor (1 the W/C, the other the kitchen) and those drops are INSIDE the POURED councrete walls, exiting thru the bottom floor slab, and continuing on to the septic tank... all a hole thru the floor and bottom of the cabinet woud have done is... Put a hole thru the slab and bottom of cabinet.

I'm hoping that your comment about drilling a hole thru the cabinet and slab was a joke... right?

Comment

Working...
                  X