X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laundry Room Vandalism.

I am a Board member of a small condo building. A person in the building keeps unscrewing the washing machine hoses from our one washing machine. He will then let the water run onto the floor. If you look at the picture attached it is just two copper stub outs with valves. Is there any way to lock these on so he can't unscrew them. I was thinking of building a small cage around it or maybe replacing it with an ox box and cover the front of the ox box. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: Laundry Room Vandalism.

I guess the only thing to think about is if you remove the ability to unhook the hose will the vandal come back with a utility knife or side cutters and slit/cut the hose amounting to the same problem. only worse because somebody has to find the key or screwdriver to access the cover over the valves.

There are Watts valves that work for burst hoses so that may be an answer if your wanting to open the wall for an OX Box A2C-WB IntelliFlow Automatic Washing Machine Water Shutoff Valve with Leak Sensor - Wall Box, Washing Machine Shutoffs, Water Safety & Flow Control - Watts
    Last edited by mbhydro; 02-13-2013, 10:47 PM. Reason: better link

Comment

Build a box around the valves and install a security camera.

Comment

Unhook the system and let them use a laundry mat for a month or so.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Personally, I think a security camera is your best bet.

Getting someone arrested feels much better than building a security box around the valves, and then you have a problem and nobody can get in there to shut them off or fix it without a key.

They keep messing around take the laundry privileges away, and force them to use a laundry mat.

Comment

Cameras or put a lock on the door. self-closing with cypher-lock(digit coded lock) work a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              Personally, I think a security camera is your best bet.

Getting someone arrested feels much better than building a security box around the valves, and then you have a problem and nobody can get in there to shut them off or fix it without a key.

They keep messing around take the laundry privileges away, and force them to use a laundry mat.
              it is just one person out of 16 units that is causing the problem so I wouldn't want to punish everyone for one persons actions. We know who it is but we just cant catch them. Cameras may be the way to go.

Comment

Hollowed out Top loader washer in corner. Note "out of order " Peep hole. Jack Nickelson pops up with AXE "HERE'S JOHNNY"
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X