Re: Stay at home mom- help

So, what's the verdict? Success or....?
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

A tankless electric of decent size literally requires a nuclear power plant next door. An electric tank heater is much less demand. Do you have natural gas or lp avaliable at your home?

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        A tankless electric of decent size literally requires a nuclear power plant next door. An electric tank heater is much less demand. Do you have natural gas or lp avaliable at your home?

Rick.
        Hey, I'm not too far from one of those (Nuke plant), maybe I can run an extension cord. What size cord do I need to go 7 miles?

I have no experience with tankless water heaters, they came long after I stopped working at the trade, but looking at that
        catalog sheet it reminds me of those small volume tank type point of use water heaters than a whole house replacement.
        Maybe this is a total misapplication of the product. Yes it makes hot water but does it have the capacity to supply more than
        one fixture at a time? Barely it would seem, is that to code I have to ask because this thing would clearly be starving for hot water
        in many common household water use situations. And reading the OPs' statement of the fixtures in the house (2-1/2 baths plus kitchen and laundry) it certaintly sounds undersized to me, but very profitable for the builder.

Based on their own numbers the thing can barely support a single shower WITH a water saver head and an inlet water temp of <50°F.

For the price (someone said $270 each I believe) I would put one of these in each bath and another for the kitchen/laundry.
        Last edited by Bob D.; 02-23-2013, 07:07 AM.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          Hey, I'm not too far from one of those (Nuke plant), maybe I can run an extension cord. What size cord do I need to go 7 miles?

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          ...it certaintly sounds undersized to me, but very profitable for the builder.

Based on their own numbers the thing can barely support a single shower WITH a water saver head and an inlet water temp of <50°F.

For the price (someone said $270 each I believe) I would put one of these in each bath and another for the kitchen/laundry.
          I think the most expensive one they make is MSRP $569. But there would be another problem of the electrical service/panel being able to support that many. The Eco27 needs (3) 40 amp 2-pole breakers.
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

the anti-scald devices are built into the shower valves. you have to remove the handle and normally some of the trim to adjust them.

Comment

Okay, sounds like the plumbers did a good one, the landlord said it was a dispute because the company that did the bid somehow underbid it and tried to rebid or something so it makes since they maybe did what they needed to so they wouldn't lose money. So Im not sure if it matters but even though it is a large house its just me and my 21/2 year old so there is never more than one shower going but laundry is all the time :-) Im going to try taking some pics and making an album so maybe it can be better understood. Changing the temp was a partial success as it did fix the problem with the garden tub not putting out hot water for more than a three second burst. Gonna go take some pics and make the album- let me know what u think :-)

Comment

So if you are running one faucet at a time they are all OK? If you are having temp problems and the faucet is not exceeding the volume of water that the tankless can produce the problem is likely very close in proximity to that faucet. Hopefully everything isn't right on top of another.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • conductor fault locating
                • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
                X