Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! What to do about plumbers/ belly in pipe... The donut shop is flooded AGAIN!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! What to do about plumbers/ belly in pipe... The donut shop is flooded AGAIN!

Do you think the plumbers we hired are in over their heads with the belly in the pipe problem?

My mom just called me and told me that the the donut shop where she works is flooded again. This has happened several times over the last few weeks, but this time the bathroom remained unaffected and there is water isn't coming out of the toilet. The flooding seems to happen after someone uses the bathroom. The plumbers have made at least 3 visits to the shop and have been paid over $500. They have already went in the stopped main with a camera and they determined that there was a belly in the pipe. My mom was told that the problem could not resolved with use of the jet sprayer, but from what I understand, they were due back yesterday to use the jet sprayer (for whatever reason) and just never showed up. My mom called them yesterday afternoon to see what the deal was and they said that they were really busy and told her the earliest they could come out would be today at 3pm.

Now, the shop is flooded. My mom doesn't know what to do. Should she wait it out until 3pm or call someone else (maybe a pipe pro)?

Re: HELP! What to do about plumbers/ belly in pipe... The donut shop is flooded AGAI

It does sound like they are having problems. That said, a belly will not fix itself. What are they saying is wrong and what are they recommending?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: HELP! What to do about plumbers/ belly in pipe... The donut shop is flooded AGAI

You mean a water jetter. Probably the best thing to try. Donuts shops can be a real mess....

Comment

We had a similar problem with a shop that made pies. It was constant, once a week the 6" 150 foot line would plug. The solution was jetting the line and switching to a different grease/lard/oil. Contact your supplier of that product. They are very helpful.
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

the belly didn't just happen. so the issue is not directly the belly. it might not help the situation, but the belly is not the cause of the 3 stoppages.

if you need a pro hydrojetter, i have a recommendation for you that's in san diego.

let me know and i can forward you his info.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I worked on 1 donut shop once. Never again. I have never seen that much build up in a sewer line. Jetting will probably do the trick for a while, but it will probably take them a while to do a good job. Good luck.
            "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Working...
            X