Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a clogged toilet out of nowhere, I have a few questions...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a clogged toilet out of nowhere, I have a few questions...

I will give as much info as possible. I live in a converted garage apartment. The landlord says theres no cesspool, its a sewer. I dont know much about this stuff. Anyway, the toilet was clogged out of nowhere. I plunged for a while and it backed up into the shower, its a stand up shower by the way. I tried the bleach, soap, hot water thing. I let it sit for a while and it flushed perfectly. Then when i tried flushing again a few mins later it was clogged again, backed up into shower. Also, when I run the bathroom sink for a while the toilet will start to bubble. I read that this means its a problem with the main line. Will a snake fix this? And can I use the shower? I'm just confused why it would work once then be clogged again.

Re: I have a clogged toilet out of nowhere, I have a few questions...

It needs to be snaked, preferably from a 3"or larger line. See if the line is accessable through a cleanout. No cleanout, the toilet would have to be removed.

The stoppage is not a 100% plugged. It will slowly go down with time. If you use your shower, it will be a bath in a matter of minutes.

Chemicals are probably too late now. Might be paper, waste, or roots.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

what Rick said. if you have a trap vent outside look to see if it is overflowing. it's about the most you can do without the help of a professional with a snake. if you go it yourself be prepared to get covered with poo.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Seems to me it would be the landlord's problem not the tenant's although I must commend him for doing some footwork for the landlord.

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
          Seems to me it would be the landlord's problem not the tenant's although I must commend him for doing some footwork for the landlord.

Maybe yes maybe no it all depends on what caused the blockage. Was it roots, wipes, tampons, broken/bad line, etc.... ???

Comment

Working...
          X