X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where to get the training I need

Why not go into the water hauling business or try your hand at a local bottling company? Plumbing and pipe fitting are both very demanding jobs. I doubt there is very much work in fountain-keeping, but you could try creating a specialized business for that niche. You may not even need to be a licensed plumber, but I could be mistaken.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

What is the water hauling business?

Plus I want to do something fun, that why I say fountains LOLZ. Also there are other places that utilize water in creative ways like amusement parks. Would you know anything about how that particular aspect of employment works?

Comment

water hauling is where you drive a big truck/semi full of water for various business or for filling wells/livestock applications. other creative water applications are pet stores/aquariums. you may consider getting into that maintenance field. i don't know anything about the fountain business.
        ~~

Comment

The rules for NJ can be found here;

www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/laws/plumberlaws.pdf
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

May I ask did any of you go to school? And is it required? If you did, does your company pay for it?

Comment

No initial schooling. (I have on the job training.) In my area it is not required. Any additional training needed to support the contractor's products was paid for by the company I was employed by. Any additional training or tests not required (such as my master's license) was paid by me.
              ~~

Comment

Working...
              X