Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

floor drain shows evidence of back-up after very heavy rain storm.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floor drain shows evidence of back-up after very heavy rain storm.

hi all. i've seen this before and i'm not sure why it's happening only after very heavy rain. this has happened before but not for about 2 or 3 years. all the drains in the house are working properly and have been. is it possible rain water is going into the main drain causing the temporary slight back-up?

the home was built in 1957 and is a ranch.

your advice/theories will be most appreciated.

Re: floor drain shows evidence of back-up after very heavy rain storm.

Is your sewer on a combination sewer and storm water? Or just sanitary not shared with the storm water?

Is it a private septic?

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      Is your sewer on a combination sewer and storm water? Or just sanitary not shared with the storm water?

Is it a private septic?

Rick.
      hi rick. it's a city sewer system and i'm not sure whether or not the system is a combination. how could i find out or is my problem telling me that? and is there a remedy that should be addressed?

thanks.

Comment

Built in 1957 there is a good chance it is a combo. Does your house have gutters and downspouts? Do the downspouts empty on top of the ground or are they in a pipe that goes into the ground? If they go in ground, heavy rain might be more than your connection to the city line can handle.

Comment

the house has downspouts and gutters that direct the rain to the street surface.

Comment

Originally posted by halfpint View Post
            hi rick. it's a city sewer system and i'm not sure whether or not the system is a combination. how could i find out or is my problem telling me that? and is there a remedy that should be addressed?

thanks.

Call the city and ask them.

Comment

...see above post....

Comment

Even with downspouts running to the the lawn, you still could be on combined sewers, and your getting the street catch basins filling up the sewer system with extra water after a heavy rain.

We have that happen here every few years

Comment

Working...
                X