power vent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power vent

i am having problems with my power vent on top of my gas water heater....it keeps running with no flame...i cleaned everything ...it works till i put the top cover on back on the power vent,flame goes out...take it off and runs fine...can a sensor be blocked,can it be cleaned and replaced or replace new...ty,greg

Re: power vent

Originally posted by ironman691 View Post
    i am having problems with my power vent on top of my gas water heater....it keeps running with no flame...i cleaned everything ...it works till i put the top cover on back on the power vent,flame goes out...take it off and runs fine...can a sensor be blocked,can it be cleaned and replaced or replace new...ty,greg
    Need a lot more info than what you've provided. Make, model of the heater for starters. What exactly have you cleaned?

Comment

american water heater co.....powerflex.....model #pvg62 40t50 3nv....cleaned hose going in to air pressure switch..motor etc.

Comment

Best guess, is the gas valve telling the motor to run. Call a plumber
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

i don,t think so....i am going to change the air pressure switch...and i am no plumber.....any more ideas????

Comment

i don,t think so....i am going to change the air pressure switch...and i am no plumber.....any more ideas????
            I wouldn't just randomly replace parts without properly diagnosing the problem. The installation instructions show you how to troubleshoot the pressure switch and other parts related to your issues. When was the last time you oiled the fan motor?

http://www.americanwaterheater.com/s.../powervent.pdf

Comment

The pressure switch does not CAUSE the motor to run, it ALLOWS a firing circuit to be completed via proof of draft. With the HWT assembled as normal, if the fan runs and the firing circuit will not engage check the pressure switch for proper voltage at both terminals (terminal to ground). This will tell you:

- proper voltage is present at both terminals
              - the pressure switch is operating correctly
              - the pressure switch is passing proper voltage

If you have proper voltage at one terminal and not the other then the switch may be bad or your venting may have issues. Check for:

- plugged termination
              - debris in vent
              - plugged air intake (common)

Other problems may include a bad control valve or bad external limits. Changing parts willy-nilly is not a smart or proper course of action. Call someone with the experience diagnosing and working on this unit.
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

thank you.....wow..i never oiled the motor until this week....i will have the switch checked before i change it...will stay in touch guys...thank you all...until later have a great day !!

Comment

Whose money do you count?

Comment

Originally posted by plumbus View Post
                    whose money do you count?
                    " the plumbers "
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

mohegan sun pocono downs,pa. slot and table games .....

Comment

Working...
                      X