X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed identifying this shower faucet part

I have an American Standard shower set. The faucet handle has become loose and won't hold-up the weight of the handle when it's in the "hot" position. I took it apart and found that this plastic swivel-cap thingy (picture below) is loose. Can anyone identify this thing? The plastic piece has no metal in it; it looks like it is made of two parts: one piece of plastic that hinges on another piece of plastic. Thanks for any help/feedback.

Plastic Cap below:
    Attachment Attachment
    Attached Files

Re: Help needed identifying this shower faucet part

Looks like a newer installation. I would contact american standard for free replacement parts.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Help needed identifying this shower faucet part

I've worked on that faucet before. It had different trim but same body style. Very difficult to assemble and disassemble without cracking the cheap plastic. Poor design in my opinion. I think the black and red horseshoe shape locking pins have to come off before assembling. Even when locked on it doesn't feel very solid especially with a heavy metal handle.

The American Standard website should have a parts breakdown but it also can be tough to navigate.

Comment

Working...
      X