X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basement egress drainage

I have a 9-year old house with an unfinished basement that is completely below grade. In order to finish it, I need to install Egress. My preference for egress is a door because the current basement stairs (inside the house) will not accommodate pool table/large furniture/etc... My question is about drainage from the outside stairwell that I will need to construct. My contractor wants to bring the drainage (rainwater, snow melt, etc.) to my existing inside sump, which I don't believe has ever had a drop of water in it after nine years. I am extremely averse to bringing water into the house. Is there any way to install a sump pump beneath the stairs that I won't have to worry about freezing? I live in the Philadelphia area, where temps routinely dip below freezing in the winter, and potentially for weeks on end. HELP!!!!!

Re: Basement egress drainage

I'm sorry but He's an IDIOT ! We use soil techs on our job , and that's against the law here. Down leaders from the roof are never allowed to enter foundation drains ! The last thing You want to do is channel this water into Your basement.
    Invest in a Geo Tech , And He should overlook all installations,and sign off before backfill. Don't heed this and You'll remember Me FOREVER each winter ! Good luck
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Basement egress drainage

i don't know why but this thread subject duplicates one in the Open Discussion forum.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
      X