Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Air flow control - jetted tub 1997

HELP!
    My house was built in 1997; I am moving, and the home inspector says I need to replace a missing air flow control knob.
    There is no brand name visible on jetted tub exterior, but i attached photos. Does anyone recognize this or can point me in proper direction?
    Note: I cannot get to the bottom of the tub, as they tiled the entirety of it in with no access panel.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Help! Air flow control - jetted tub 1997

I doubt that the knob is proprietary to the brand. Is your home a 1 of a kind custom build or a tract build? Check with your neighbors If its a tract build.

Also there should be a model number and serial number on the spa pump. The pump has to be acessable for service. Should be at the end opposite the drain under an access panel.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick
      that's the problem. The builder built several houses in the area, but not tract-style (non-development).
      The entire tub is tiled, with no access panel (something I have to get installed); the only problem being the drain is facing the wall where the access panel will be. The back end of the tub is by the tiled shower.
      No easy access. Thus my dilemma.

Comment

Rick
        that's the problem. The builder built several houses in the area, but not tract-style (non-development).
        The entire tub is tiled, with no access panel (something I have to get installed); the only problem being the drain is facing the wall where the access panel will be. The back end of the tub is by the tiled shower. This is East Texas in the late '90's, so it was a bit free and loose.
        No easy access. Thus my dilemma.

Comment

The pump has to have an access panel for service. All the info would be on the pump. But if you can't get to the pump, then just ask your local supply house for the names of the local companies that sell jetted tubs. Then you can contact them for assistance. Other than a branded name on the knob, I would think most would be similar threads.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

It looks a lot like a Kohler that I had to work on a few years ago. If Kohler, it is proprietary, very expensive, and a beeyotch to fix if it wont spin out.

I think somewhere in the code it says there must be an access panel for the pump. The electrical code has something similar, and also regs for the GFCI wiring. You need to knock a hole in the tiles someplace and install a nice cabinet door to cover the hole.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
            X