X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hourly Nerds

There should be something like this for plumbing. Instead of giving free advice to cheapskates and DIY's, we charge for our knowledge.
    The Nerds at HourlyNerd

Re: Hourly Nerds

There are so many places that sell plumbing supplies and fixtures to the general public that this would not work. The manufacturers also give away all their knowledge in order to sell product.

Comment

No right or wrong answer to this line of thinking but looking at that website I get the impression people actually have to complete a task/project and do actual work to get paid as opposed to simply taking a minute or two to give advice.

Comment

If there was no market for this type of thing, than this section of the Ridgid Forum would not have any traffic. People ask for information. I'm just saying that we paid our tuition, why shouldn't they.

Comment

That's not a logical conclusion because people don't have to pay. Once people have to pay they may elect for other options.

Just my personal view - lack of online input to any of my projects would not stop the project but getting different ideas help focus on other and possibly more efficient ways of doing things.

Nothing stopping you from setting up such a venture and seeing how it works out.

Comment

Working...
          X