X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Fieldsend (Wholesale Flooring )

Hello, I would like to get some advice on a plumbing issue I've encountered and I'm being sued because of it. Ugh. We sell flooring and occasionally we move appliances . In this case we moved a refrigerator with an ice maker and moved it back in place afetr flooring was installed (vinyl) 10 months later I get a letter from the consumers attorney that I'm being sued for mold damages ,loss of job, broken marriage, children being sick, etc. Is it possible that a ice maker line could get pinched and leak and cause severe mold damage 10 months later ?? From my experience the ice maker line explodes with water even with a pin hole in it.. Please advise ..Help!! Thanks Keith

Re: Keith Fieldsend (Wholesale Flooring )

10 months later and you just heard of it.

Mark might jump in. But who's to say that your moving of the fridge 10 months earlier was the cause.

What does your insurance company say.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

It might seep, It might blow with force. Fittings may seep. Defrost trays can also get plugged up and flood the place. The trays are also common areas of mold growth.

10 months later? Really? Sounds like a shady case to me.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Their insurance denied them because they have had 2 other claims for water damage. It is shady thats why im trying to find scientific type defense. Thanks for your responses.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          10 months later and you just heard of it.

Mark might jump in. But who's to say that your moving of the fridge 10 months earlier was the cause.

What does your insurance company say.

Rick.
          First stop is your insurance carrier. That's what you have insurance for. Their abhorrence of paying false claims is a powerful tool, use it.

Comment

My insurance gave me a defense attorney but said they dont cover mold. Of course.

Comment

Working...
            X