X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clogged toilet questions

A day ago I ignorantly flushed quite a few paper towels down my toilet, thinking that this wouldn't cause any serious problems. Unfortunately, my toilet is now clogged, and a plunger hasn't been able to fix this after many repeated tries. Additionally, trying to plunge my toilet has led to toilet water coming up through my bath's drain (my bath is also clogged now), which leaves me unsure as to whether the cloggage isn't too far down for a plumbing snake, plunger, or coat hanger to fix this.

I'm wondering if there's anything I can try, such as chemicals I could pour down the drain for dissolving the cloggage, short of calling a plumber? Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Re: Clogged toilet questions

Save some time and money

Just call a plumber

Comment

Paper towels don't dissolve like toilet paper. At this point, a plunger is pretty useless, and a snake might be your only way out. Try letting the water work it's way down, then pour some liquid soap into the toilet and flush. But you might have to wait overnight for the initial water to drain down.

Its also possible the towels got hung up on roots and then you would have no choice but to snake.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

if it's just the tub and the toilet and the rest of the house is ok, the clog is inside the house pipes. Rick's suggestion or calling the plumber to snake the lines may be the only choices.

Don't use sulphuric acid, it will dissolve paper towels but it will also superheat when it contacts water, dissolve porcelain, and may cause other pipe and health problems.
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Pour liquid dish soap followed by hot water in the bath tub drain.

Hopefully the dish soap may "lubricate" the towels enough to allow them to slide down the drain line.
          You can also try to increase the water pressure on the clog by filling the bath tub with water.
          If no result, snake the line.
          I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
          It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
          "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Working...
          X