X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for an acient Mansfield hose bib repair kit and handle

Customer says workers broke off handle during new brick face installation. I am identifying as Mansfield thru second pic of one with handle on back of house but with different stem. This is a brass stem, 1/2" or 9/16" diameter. It looks like the handle would insert inside stem with either knurls or 1/4" sqaure male insert. Needs packing nut repair kit and handle.
    Attached Files

Re: I am looking for an acient Mansfield hose bib repair kit and handle

That's a lousy install - too close to the ground. Mansfield will not sell their handles as repair parts. I've tried to get them (in my area). Packing repair parts should be had at any plumbing supplier. It should include the packing, washers, and the left hand/right hand packer nuts. Handles from other spigots may fit, but it's hit and miss.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I agree about the install, that is why I would rather repair than replace and have my name on it. Is it legal to install a hose bib upside down and have it squirt in your face? lol I rememer that handle from my childhood in the early 1970's. Replacing it would require moving a giant book case with a 1000 or so books and opening drywall.

Comment

It may not be illegal but it kinda defeats the purpose of installing a frost free hydrant....I would replace it and then suggest getting a hose adapter that has a 90 elbow to attach the hose to....
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Don't know if you are still looking for a replacement, but we just replaced the exact same ancient Mansfield handle on our hose bib. This is the handle that worked as a replacement (we found one at a local ace hardware store):

Ace Mansfield Sillcock Handle Item Number: 4239224

Hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
          X