Storage for Plumbing Fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage for Plumbing Fittings

A general question here - my collection of fitting keeps growing after each project and I'm trying to figure out the best means of storing them. Due to the shapes I find they take up a lot more room than necessary.

Does anyone sell anything specific for this or do people just use general tool storage bins.

Re: Storage for Plumbing Fittings

Milk crates

Comment

^^X2^^ but these only work well for 1-1/2" and 2" fittings.

Anything above that I use small 30 gallon plastic trash cans from Home Depot for about $7 each.

Comment

yep- garbage cans, rubbermaid totes, or steal the parts bins from your local gm or ford dealership. not that i know anyone who did that
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Return them after each job...
          If not it gets out of control...

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            ^^X2^^ but these only work well for 1-1/2" and 2" fittings.

Anything above that I use small 30 gallon plastic trash cans from Home Depot for about $7 each.
            I do the same !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Recycle bins. Every time the scavengers buy up each other, their customers get new boxes. We grab the old ones (and wash them out). Good for everything, including heavy stuff like malleables.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                yep- garbage cans, rubbermaid totes, or steal the parts bins from your local gm or ford dealership. not that i know anyone who did that
                At the rate GM dealerships are closing around here that might be an option.

I regularly pickup Kent Moore automotive service tools on ebay for really cheap - most of them coming from closing dealerships.

Comment

Working...
                X