X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastic hot water pipe

I heard the plastic water pipe is good for hot water from the water tank because it can keep water warm for long time. My bathroom is far from the water tank and always need to drain few gallons cold water before take the shower.

My basement is still opened. can you tell me what's the pros and cons of the plastic/pvc water supply pipe?

Thanks,

Re: plastic hot water pipe

I am sorry to tell you this but you are still going to be drawing a lot of cold water off before hot water comes out of the tap the only way to fix this problem is to have a pump circulating the water in the hot water pipes from the hot water tank which automaticlly comes on when you turn on thehot water tap

Tony

Comment

And don't use the hack style pumps that connect the hot to the cold line. Tie in a new return line from the furthest convenient hot end, then insulate all the pipes. pex holds heat pretty well and is easily adapted by the DIY.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

and plastic pvc is not rated for hot water....cpvc or pex is though....
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          I am sorry to tell you this but you are still going to be drawing a lot of cold water off before hot water comes out of the tap the only way to fix this problem is to have a pump circulating the water in the hot water pipes from the hot water tank which automaticlly comes on when you turn on thehot water tap

Tony
          Any detailed information, links, about this? need more education about this.

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
            it's easy! hop in the shower when no one has taken one for at least 8 hours. stand under where the water would come out of the head and crank on the hot water full blast. i guarantee your pecker will shrink like a scared turtle when the cold water comes blasting out for a while.

with a recirc system the cold water is minimized to a few seconds, if that.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
              Goggle "Grunfos hot water circulation pump" and they will tell you all about it

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                Goggle "Grunfos hot water circulation pump" and they will tell you all about it

Tony
                Then you can brace yourself for the Grundfoss price too.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Look for Orange, they are here in Australia. They are a knock-off of the Davey pumps but better quality. I am sure they will ship over to you. Buy now why the dollar is down.

Comment

I tried a number of hot water recirculating systems and yes Grunfos isn`t cheap but it will last not like all the other cheap ones on the market and call backs and unhappy clients are not good for business

Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X