Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I fought the jetter and the jetter won!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fought the jetter and the jetter won!!

Here is what happens when your not paying attention with your jetter.

re: I fought the jetter and the jetter won!!

Are you freaking serious ???

Tell us the story...........

Comment

Looks like you pulled the hose out of the pipe and had no foot pedal to shut off the flow instantly.

Lucky that's all that happened. You could have easily been killed or blinded.

Even the water into your skin can cause serious injury. Hopefully you went to the hospital for treatment.

When you can, please fill us all in.

Rick.
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-29-2013, 11:43 PM.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Go to the hospital ASAP. High-pressure injection injury of the hand: an often underestimated trauma: case report with study of the literature
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I just checked out their website....nothing about safety. I'd sue the ever living snot out of them. Remember to ask for less then 10k and they will write it off.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

There was a red tape about 24 inches back from the head and during the course of jetting one of my outside storm drains the tape must have come off. Most of the damage is minor except my arms. which were both cut open pretty good. I got about a cup of water out of my right arm. This was a Northern Tools jetter hose attachment on a Karcher 3600 PSI pressue washer that I use to clean surface drains on my properties. This made a believer out of me and I will not use it again until I get some kind of foot valve. Everything is healing up pretty good, it just looks like when someone said shut up I stood up and got my *** kicked.

Comment

A cup of water came out your right arm? Holy smokes man....been to the hospital yet? Hope you're ok.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I forwarded this to my brother in law who's an er dr. He said you definatly need to get at least antibiotics to treat for the water under the skin. Its not clean water coming from a pump and jetter hose.

You really should have it looked at. The 1 time I got hit was a split second blast that tore my glove off and made hamburger meat out of parts of 2 fingers. Took 6 weeks to scab over and heal.

At least go to a dr for a look.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Re: So sorry.

Have an MD examine and possibly get antibiotic prophylaxis to counter any infection.
                  No warning when nearing the end of the jetter?

Thank you for this graphic warning. This reminds me to wear eye protection. Injury can happen before one can ever react.
                  I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
                  It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
                  "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Re: Well? How are you doing?

Healing well? No infection?
                    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
                    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
                    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Re: Well? How are you doing?

Yes, I am healing up and almost back to normal although my wife says that I have never been normal. I will have some pretty ugly scars but was never very pretty to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X