X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After repair to crack on foundation- still water

ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO I DECIDED TO ADDRESS A WATER ENTRY IN MY BASEMENT.
    THE WATER ENTRY WAS NOT ALOT- BUT IT WAS STILL WATER. (ABOUT A 1/2 A BUCKET OF JOINT COMPOUND BUCKET OF WATER).
    ONLY TIME I SAW WATER- WAS WHEN WE HAD EXTREME RAIN FOR A PONG PERIOD OF TIME (24 HRS OF RAIN)
    I decide to dig; down and below foundation---
    scrapped and brushed and powerwashed the foundation wall.
    Purchased karnak waterproofing tar and rubberized film & applied and nstalled the items and taped the seams with karnak
    And as added protection i purchased a thick R-50 rated insulated barrier & Home Depot.

ps- I ONLY ADDRESS THE CRACK AT THE FOUNDATION AT THIS TIME & DID NOT ADDRESS THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF WALL....

2 YEARS NO WATER!!!!!!
    HURRICANE SANDY - NO WATER- GREAT!
    COUPLE OF DAYS AGO HURRICANE ANDREA 27 HOURS OF RAIN GOT A LITTLE IN BASEMENT.
    Instead of going into panic and start digging- should i monitor the water intake in the ground- ( i did notice the water after many hours of rain the water was just cascading along the grass.....
    and could i install an outside sump pump?
    the footing is about 5 1/2 down (house is on a slant hill)
    Any help or suggestion would be deeply appreciated..
    THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE!
    Attachment
    Attached Files

Re: After repair to crack on foundation- still water

Coating the wall and cracks is a good idea and part of the process but you still need some pipe (or a sump pit) to take the water away to somewhere, in this business it's A. Collect the water and B. Take the water away to somewhere else. You have preformed the first step.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
    X