Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fog Horn noise from water heater to upstairs faucet then shower.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Horn noise from water heater to upstairs faucet then shower.

I hope someone can help, the hot water heater can be traced to the origin of a Fog Horn Noise that comes from the upstairs faucet then to the hot water shower faucet after a few days then to the downstairs faucets. I can hear the origin as the water heater pushes and sounds like the origin of a frequency that keeps the noise going the entire time the shower is running and not just as a few second noise in previous posts. Appreciate the help. What can be done for someone who is not a plumber?

Re: Fog Horn noise from water heater to upstairs faucet then shower.

simple call a real plumber and get the problem fixed
    JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by mikesmelon View Post
      I hope someone can help, the hot water heater can be traced to the origin of a Fog Horn Noise that comes from the upstairs faucet then to the hot water shower faucet after a few days then to the downstairs faucets. I can hear the origin as the water heater pushes and sounds like the origin of a frequency that keeps the noise going the entire time the shower is running and not just as a few second noise in previous posts. Appreciate the help. What can be done for someone who is not a plumber?
      It sounds like it is a water hammer. Without getting too much into details what is the pressure in you house? What type of shower valve do you have?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

water hammering/resonation...maybe caused by loose faucet washers or other debris. i'd check for loose washers.

call the plumber
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
          simple call a real plumber and get the problem fixed
          Jerry, shame on you suggesting such a thing. You are going to incur the wrath of the e----erring fraternity for such a disgusting remark.(hahahaahahahhahhahaha).................... ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X