X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for this washer drain?

as you can see the drain is much higher than the washer and the washer hose by itself does not even reach..we want to add a slop sink next to the washer,I believe a pump would be needed for the sink and I was wondering can the washer drain into the sink then be pumped into the drain?...thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Ideas for this washer drain?

yes, that's the way 99% of households that have it in the cellar do it. a pump is needed provided the drain doesnt run below the sink. be aware that in some areas, venting of the pump is allowed to be open (that is, a candy-cane back into the sink). this may result in some unwanted odors but will prevent vapor lock of the pump from soap bubbles. make sure a proper check valve is installed. Liberty, and other companies, provide a good closed system for wash tubs. Stay away from pumps that mount directly to the drain.
    Last edited by Plumber Punky; 06-18-2013, 08:26 PM.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Out here in upc land, a washing machine trap has to be between 6"- 18" from the floor. Tail piece min.18" and max 30" total length above the trap weir.

So your photo would never be legal In upc land.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I know the Guy that plumbed that ! Same Guy that's been looking for His vise grip, HE LEFT ON THE DRYER KNOB ! HE HE
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
        X