X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toto #s back of tank cat 624cefg

Can You tell me which toto toilet this is , please ? Used food color and it leaks, and runs on. cleaned flapper scum up
    good, to no avail. They think it's year to 1 1/2 Years old. Thanks for any help
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: toto #s back of tank cat 624cefg

Here you go

http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail...ProductID=1059

Rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-24-2013, 12:53 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks again Rick We can always count on Rick ! Was this a problem with many toto Legatos ? Guess I should replace the whole tank assembly .
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Typically a new flapper will fix a toilet that leaks as long as it's not a ballcock that contnues to run down the overflow.

What I find with our water out here is that the toto/ hunter ballcocks do not hold up very well. They last just a few years and are not rebuilable most of the time.

I replace them with the newest fluidmaster universal fit ballcock. It comes with different refill adjustment inserts and allows you to dial in the bowl refill level to the proper trap seal height.

Fluidmaster ballcocks seem to not fail with our water chemistry like most others.

Dye testing is a must to prevent callbacks, but also knowing that the ballcock can be an issue and is something to look and listen for.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Sounds like your flapper is suffering from Chloramine cancer. Time to change it.

Comment

Thanks so much Guys put in New fluid master and Korkey flapper. Problem solved . That fluid master universal was between $7 + $8.oo at HD !! My supply house never carries repair items.
            Bought a few.

Comment

Tool I doubt that the fluidmaster you bought is the correct one. They don't sell them at hd. The correct model is the pro45u. It has 6 assorted refill barbs. A regular fluidmaster 400a doesn't have a big enough refill barb to properly refill the bowl.

Rick.

Just looked up another universal fluidmaster they do sell at hd. Looks like it will work with a crude adjustable refill pinch valve.

http://www.fluidmaster.com/our-produ...performax.html
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-25-2013, 01:52 AM.
              phoebe it is

Comment

How can a fill valve affect the size of the water spot ! Isn't that determined by trap design ? I must be missing something.

Comment

The weir of the trap ultimately controls the maximum water level in the trap. But if the ballcock refil doesn't supply enough water to the overflow tube, then the bowl will not fill enough.

If I remember correctly, a toto takes 28% of the ballcocks supply into the refil port.

Standard fluidmasters don't supply that much percentage. But the new ones do.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    The weir of the trap ultimately controls the maximum water level in the trap. But if the ballcock refil doesn't supply enough water to the overflow tube, then the bowl will not fill enough.

If I remember correctly, a toto takes 28% of the ballcocks supply into the refil port.

Standard fluidmasters don't supply that much percentage. But the new ones do.

Rick.
                    That's great info Rick .Next time over their home I'll check water spot in their other Toto for comparison.
                    It's a different model though.

Comment

Working...
                    X