X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweeking thread adjustment on my 300 power drive

Lost My screw pitch gauge. Need for 3/4" to 2 " tapered right hand pipe. Any help appreciated. Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Tweeking thread adjustment on my 300 power drive

use one of the fittings that you are using for the project at hand. I like to hand tighten the fitting on the thread and then back it off getting 3 to 3 1/2 turns. Adjust dies accordingly. The china fittings are horrible for tolerances, just have to live with some of the results.

Comment

A pitch gauge is only going to tell you how many threads per inch, not if the dies are set to the correct depth. For that you will need a ring gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
        use one of the fittings that you are using for the project at hand. I like to hand tighten the fitting on the thread and then back it off getting 3 to 3 1/2 turns. Adjust dies accordingly. The china fittings are horrible for tolerances, just have to live with some of the results.
        Thanks, I do 2 1/2 hand turns now /
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
        X