device to let air out but not water under pressure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• device to let air out but not water under pressure

This is not a plumbing question. But I know you guys not only experts of this area but also familiar with other areas. My research project needs a device which can let air escape but not the water under about 3000psi pressure. I have a container with waters. But air may go in during filling process. The air is not allowed for a particular reason. After close the container, we will add pressure by pushing to about 3000psi. We need the air escapes from the container during this process but not the water. Temperature is room temperature.

Does this device exist? any name/link will be appreciated.

thanks,

Re: device to let air out but not water under pressure

You can't put a valve at the top of the storage tank and bleed off the air and shut off once water comes out? It needs to be automatic?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

A handyman working on something with 3000 psi?! Do not do anything. What would a handyman be doing with something like this?
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        You can't put a valve at the top of the storage tank and bleed off the air and shut off once water comes out? It needs to be automatic?
        Yes, we try to make it an auto process. If manually bleed off the air. The operator will not be happy and how to know when is time to shut off the valve. The water may come out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
          A handyman working on something with 3000 psi?! Do not do anything. What would a handyman be doing with something like this?
          Not actually doing it. Research it. If possible, it will be given to professional.

Comment

Perhaps if we knew the application of this contraption.
            Most of us have the proper security clearance.
            I'm sure Rube Goldberg could come up with something.

Comment

Contact watts company. They have auto air vents that work under low pressure (less than 200 psi) so I'm sure they would have something high pressure.
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

it has a float that will seal off the discharge port when the water fills. this causes the float to rise. similar to how a wet dry shop vac works.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I have never heard of Watts having anything like it but it is worth the call. I think they stay more residential boilers.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

it would be nice to know the application as we may have better options than a glorified auto air vent
                    ~~

Comment

OK all joking aside, what is it for? Try Parker. I know you are not working on a boiler being only a handyman (no offense). There are just not that many places that use that high a pressure and usually engineers are involved. Same with refrigeration system in industrial plants. The only thing really left is air compressors.
                      AllurePlumbing.com
                      • leak detection
                      • drain cleaning
                      • utility locating
                      • and other specialties.

Comment

scuba applications use up to 5000 psi.

i found this hydraulic auto air vent - good to 15 gpm and 8700 psi:

http://www.hydacusa.com/valves/aev.htm

Edit: best price I could find was $71:

http://www.plccenter.com/en-US/Buy/HYDAC/00859100
                        Last edited by Plumber Punky; 07-24-2013, 08:25 AM.
                        ~~

Comment

Gotta agree with all here, pipe up with the application so we can all give our two-bobs worth(sorry Bob.......!!!!!!!!!)

The energy of 300psi in a vessel will blow your bloody head off. Don't know about you but I haven't finished living yet, still want to enjoy a bit more.

As far as auto air bleeders, haven't heard of many companies doing them and they are all low pressure.

If it is topsecret and you cant share then head for a Mechanical/Hydraulic Engineer(dare I suggest either).................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                            two-bobs worth
                            Could you imagine what we could do with TWO Bobs? All the world's problems would be solved, men would be on Mars, the starship Enterprise would be reality, Ridgid would make tools that customers want and the LLSA would be easy and fast...
                            ~~

Comment

Could you imagine what we could do with TWO Bobs?
                              I have to agree. I am more than enough, no need for a second Bob.
                              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
                              X