Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing a Caroma ceramic disk tap

Hi all,
    I have a leaking Caroma ceramic disk tap. The handle is held on by a plastic insert (conceal nut) that is loosened with a pronged tool. The problem is that after a number of years the insert is pretty much locked in. Apologies for not knowing the right name for the concealed nut.

So questions are:
    1. is there some way to remove the nut?
    2. if I remove the tap handle with an angle grinder, can the tap spindle be replaced without removing the entire body? The tap is located behind tiles in a shower, so I'm hoping not to remove tiles.

Thanks!

Re: Replacing a Caroma ceramic disk tap

Hey Rod,

You can get better prong tools to undo the concealed nut, also try some lube spray before undoing. Lastly most taps will allow you to undo the flange (bell shaped cover) up to the spindle handle. This will allow you to unscrew the tap and change the discs without removing the handle.

Use a licenced plumber!

Comment

Hey Rod,

You can get better prong tools to undo the concealed nut, also try some lube spray before undoing. Lastly most taps will allow you to undo the flange (bell shaped cover) up to the spindle handle. This will allow you to unscrew the tap and change the discs without removing the handle.

Use a licenced plumber!

Comment

Nine times out of ten its not the ceramic disk that is leaking its time rubber seal that seats the spindle onto the tap base itself my advice is leave it to a plumber who knows what he is doing as you could really stuff it all up

Tony

Comment

Working...
        X