X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sioux Chief Closet Flange

I recently used one of these to change the height of the toilet for some flooring work. The flange comes with a plastic cap, which I guess is to keep out debris and keep in sewer gas, while you're working. It says to hit the cap with a hammer and remove with pliers, well I beat on it for awhile and finally had to use a saw to remove it. Very inconvenient, was I doing something wrong? Anyone else have issues with these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2229fc62865ae38e2e74a46e8259a5cd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	17859

Re: Sioux Chief Closet Flange

Originally posted by PhilC View Post
    I recently used one of these to change the height of the toilet for some flooring work. The flange comes with a plastic cap, which I guess is to keep out debris and keep in sewer gas, while you're working. It says to hit the cap with a hammer and remove with pliers, well I beat on it for awhile and finally had to use a saw to remove it. Very inconvenient, was I doing something wrong? Anyone else have issues with these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2229fc62865ae38e2e74a46e8259a5cd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	17859
    I've used the PVC ones and they worked great. Just hit that raised circle and it pops down. (Won't go into the hole/down the pipe.) Then grab the loose piece with a pair of pliers and pull it out. No need for a small chisel or screwdriver. Faster too.

Comment

You are supposed to hit the raised rim with a hammer and the piece just falls down. If you hit the center it is surprisingly tough.

Comment

These are the newer type molded in test plugs. They need to hold at least a 10' head. But we've done over 30' without an issue.

The white plastic glue in can fall in and cause issues if not fully pulled out. Had a few last week at a new restraunt bar. 2" floor drains in bathrooms were knocked in and stuck in the traps.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you for your responses, I guess if I ever have to do this again, I'll pick the flange w/o the cap.

Comment

Working...
          X