Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Plunging techniques? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Plunging techniques?

    There are some that use the auto spin. Home depot 139.00?
    Just be careful as a stuck or broken off cable is expensive to remove.

    Rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Plunging techniques?

      Originally posted by fixitright View Post
      No votes for a HAND SPINNER?



      Hell no !!!



      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Plunging techniques?

        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        There are some that use the auto spin. Home depot 139.00?
        Just be careful as a stuck or broken off cable is expensive to remove.

        Rick.


        There is only ONE and we all know who he is

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Plunging techniques?

          what about the KYNA-COLT. Sure is a ***** if you don't get it right. Mind you have heard of traps getting blown out with the force. I have seen some of the guys with home made. They weld up a piece of 3" cu tube and put a ball valve on one end, shredder valve on the other. Carry a 12volt tyre pump with them to recharge. Necessity is the mother of invention or ..............!!!!!

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Plunging techniques?

            I made that 20 years ago when I couldn't afford the general kinetic water ram.

            Too bad I had money years later and bought the water ram. Sometimes its best to be poor.

            Rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Plunging techniques?

              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              I made that 20 years ago when I couldn't afford the general kinetic water ram.

              Too bad I had money years later and bought the water ram. Sometimes its best to be poor.

              Rick.


              The General kinetic water ram is an excellent tool when in the right hands. Limited uses but sometimes a real life saver.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Plunging techniques?

                Water is either going down the drain if it works, or on the walls and in your face when it doesn't. Sure start off with a low pressure blast, but its still ending up somewhere.

                My harbor freight powered plunger for $7.00 doesnt make a mess and works prety darn good. Plus it also sucks and pumps.

                Rick.
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Plunging techniques?

                  I have a had luck with the Water Ram.
                  Use it as a last resort.
                  Work on a lot of Nasty Old old stuff here.

                  Really the success rate is only about 30% to 40% but when there is no other way then demo
                  and it works the customer is Really happy.

                  Gonna have to pick up the Power Plunger.

                  Gives me a reason to visit Harbor Freight.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Plunging techniques?

                    Here it is. Heck I even reviewed it 2 years ago. Power Plunger

                    Rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Plunging techniques?

                      Rick this looks just like the Rothenburger one. However I trust it is better quality than such. Bought two genuine Rothenburger ones several years ago and they didn't last. Real light-weight as with most of Rothenburger stuff mind you. You are right on the mark with these though Rick. Walls stay clean and no p155 on me when the kyna-colt doesn't get a proper seal

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Plunging techniques?

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        Water is either going down the drain if it works, or on the walls and in your face when it doesn't. Sure start off with a low pressure blast, but its still ending up somewhere.

                        My harbor freight powered plunger for $7.00 doesnt make a mess and works prety darn good. Plus it also sucks and pumps.

                        Rick.


                        Sounds like you never mastered the water ram and gave up on it To each his own.............

                        Yes the RoPump type plunger also comes in handy, not for every job but as needed.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Plunging techniques?

                          Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                          Rick this looks just like the Rothenburger one. However I trust it is better quality than such. Bought two genuine Rothenburger ones several years ago and they didn't last. Real light-weight as with most of Rothenburger stuff mind you. You are right on the mark with these though Rick. Walls stay clean and no p155 on me when the kyna-colt doesn't get a proper seal

                          Are you serious ? You really think that $7.00 harbor pump is better than the Rothenburger RoPump
                          Last edited by AssTyme; 10-13-2013, 11:39 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Plunging techniques?

                            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            Water is either going down the drain if it works, or on the walls and in your face when it doesn't. Sure start off with a low pressure blast, but its still ending up somewhere.

                            My harbor freight powered plunger for $7.00 doesnt make a mess and works prety darn good. Plus it also sucks and pumps.

                            Rick.



                            Totally false, if you have a good seal the air/pressure will not release and stay in the ram.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Plunging techniques?

                              Obviously you know nothing about lav overflows, tub overflows and air gaps.

                              A blast of air or water is going somewhere. Its either down the drain, up the vent, out the overflow, or in your face.

                              Probably the safest location is an outside area drain , floor drain or a shower drain as there's no overflow and the walls are tiled.

                              A line full of water has no extra volume for more water. Releasing a blast of more air or water is going somewhere. And most of the time its back at you through another opening. Then you also have slip joints that can pull apart.

                              Not to mention all you're doing is popping a hole in the stoppage if you do succeed. Do you really think all the sludge, hair or grease is cleaned out of the line?

                              Rick.
                              phoebe it is

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Plunging techniques?

                                Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                Obviously you know nothing about lav overflows, tub overflows and air gaps.

                                A blast of air or water is going somewhere. Its either down the drain, up the vent, out the overflow, or in your face.

                                Probably the safest location is an outside area drain , floor drain or a shower drain as there's no overflow and the walls are tiled.

                                A line full of water has no extra volume for more water. Releasing a blast of more air or water is going somewhere. And most of the time its back at you through another opening. Then you also have slip joints that can pull apart.

                                Not to mention all you're doing is popping a hole in the stoppage if you do succeed. Do you really think all the sludge, hair or grease is cleaned out of the line?

                                Rick.

                                Like I said, you have not mastered the Ram. You seem to not know when & when not to use or the proper techniques for using this tool.

                                The presser WILL NOT RELEASE if there is a GOOD SECURE seal. You SHOULD NOT be using this tool on most blockages as it can & will blow apart weak seals, connections, etc... This tool should also NOT be used if you cannot achieve the PROPER seal with your available rubber ends or if you see any weak links.

                                You have to recon the situation and be smart about it.

                                When used correctly with caution it seldom causes trouble.

                                I learned really quick
                                Last edited by AssTyme; 10-13-2013, 12:06 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X