X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rusted toilet bolt

The nut and the bolt are rusted together and the bolt is spinning. The sink cabinet is next to the toilet on one side and a wall is on the other side. A very tight area. I used a hack saw to remove. Is there any better, faster way to remove these without breaking the toilet?
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Re: rusted toilet bolt

When it spins, drive a wood wedge between toilet base N floor. right next to bolt. Now it wont spin, cut with sawsall. I have a few sawsalls, But I love the little millwakii Hacksall. Plenty balls N
    great for small jobs !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Jobmax with metal cutting blade is great for this.

Comment

I put a nut driver in a drill and turn the bolt. Slip a sawzall blade along the shaft and hold it so the rotation bites the teeth into the shaft.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Along with the Hacksall, Milwaukee makes a number of cordless tools that run on the same
          12 volt battery. I find the multi-tool does a good job on cutting toilet bolts. Also the
          dremel-type rotary tool with a thin metal cut off wheel is okay, although it does throw off
          grit and dust.

Comment

I like that Thanks Chief !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thanks for the ideals.
              Can't wait to try out.
              Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

most of the rusted bolts i've seen are 1/4" steel bolt and steel nut. most have steel washers too. sometimes collapsing or grinding a slot in the washer will allow you to remove it. the nut will then usually pull right through the hole.
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
                X