X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot Toilet Install

Here's the deal. You go to HD and buy a toilet. Their installer will pick it up and deliver it to your home, remove your old one, install your new one, and haul off your old one for only $19.00

Personally, I wouldn't load my truck for $19.00

Re: Home Depot Toilet Install

and then you get to pay hundreds more for a new floor because the seal leaks, the supply line breaks or the toilet wobbles.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
      Here's the deal. You go to HD and buy a toilet. Their installer will pick it up and deliver it to your home, remove your old one, install your new one, and haul off your old one for only $19.00

Personally, I wouldn't load my truck for $19.00
      Meanwhile, he's casing the place so his buds can break in later after he makes small talk during the install and learns when you're at work and maybe gets you talking about your hobbies and collections to evaluate if its worth coming back.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Not all service men are crooks Bob, however I cannot say the same for the company's that they work for.

Comment

Ben Franklin - The company that gives a good guy a bad name!

or any of the other franchise companies...
          ~~

Comment

Bashing on Bulls**t "plumbing" company's is one thing. I know a lot of hard working guys who feed their family working at these stores...just sayin not all hired "installers". Are out to rob,rape,and pillage.

Comment

The work may be fine. Who knows.

But this deal won't last. Just another loss leader to get people in for other things.

Trust me, HD KNOWS they lose money on this & won't do it for long once a few "normal" callbacks start coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloPlumber View Post
                Bashing on Bulls**t "plumbing" company's is one thing. I know a lot of hard working guys who feed their family working at these stores...just sayin not all hired "installers". Are out to rob,rape,and pillage.
                I dont have many problems with the techs of those companies. I have a major problem with the policies and tactics forced onto the techs by those companies. I wont deny you the fact that (most) everyone works hard. Lots of these techs dont know or even realize there are other ways of doing business.
                ~~

Comment

I don't have to wonder to much, as to what he would do if the flange was broke , or any part of the incoming water supply needed changing
                  I'm sure he would be just as good as the flooring guy resetting the toilet

Comment

Let's hope they all install GLASHER BAY ! They'll hire You next time !
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Not all service men are crooks Bob, however I cannot say the same for the company's that they work for.
                      Didn't say that all were, don't read into my postings. I say that some are. And having had a neighbor where I lived previously who expierenced this I know it does happen.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I distinctly do not see the word 'all' in Bob's post. If even one installer did what Bob describes then his comment is legitimate. I guess I'm one of those here that doesn't understand this comment. The only reason to state this would be if he had said 'all' installers.

David

Comment

How many states allow unlicensed plumbers to install toilets? Looks to me the problem is with the state, not Home Depot.

Comment

last time I was at hd, the sign said $119.00 and that didn't include the pick up or delivery. just a basic install.

might be a regional thing. can't picture a nationwide price. retail prices vary depending on zip codes too. go onto their website and punch in different zip codes and you get different ads and different prices too.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                              How many states allow unlicensed plumbers to install toilets? Looks to me the problem is with the state, not Home Depot.
                              Lots! Any consumer who buys a toilet at one of these stores with the intent of installing it themselves could be considered an unlicensed plumber. Imagine what stores would look like if EVERY product that needed a licensed agent for installation was not sold?

It would be GREAT!
                              ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X