Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Repairing A Kohler Leaking 3/4" Ceramic High-Flow Valve System Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing A Kohler Leaking 3/4" Ceramic High-Flow Valve System

I have a tub with deck mounted handles. The cold water valve is leaking. It was just dripping now it is a steady slow flow. The valve is a Kohler 3/4" ceramic high flow valve (K-3-1-K-NA). I have taken the handle off but I am not sure if I need to replace the whole valve or is there a cartridge inside that I can replace? I tried unscrewing the nut in the attached picture but it did not move. I didn't try to hard because I did not want to break anything. Also the way the valves are situated I unable to access them from underneath. The access panel is on the opposite side of the tub.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Repairing A Kohler Leaking 3/4" Ceramic High-Flow Valve System

shut off the water to the house or isolation valve to the tub. then with the water pressure drained, use a proper fitting box wrench to unscrew the ceramic cartridge from valve body. the hex on the stem should easily unscrew from the threaded valve body. but to play it safe,, hold back on the threaded body that extends from the deck.

you probably want a new ceramic stem on hand before you start as that's what it needs. with lever handles there's a left and right hand stem. newer Kohler stems are Reversible, yours appears to be non reversible.

look up the part# and track it down locally. 1/2'' are easy to find, 3/4'' might be more difficult.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick I will give it a try today.

Comment

Thanks again Rick. I found the part at a local plumbing supply house ($49.99 ouch) and replaced it and all is good.

Comment

Thanks for replying Back with results . Many don't
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X