Toto Sanagloss toilet care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toto Sanagloss toilet care

Not too long ago I installed a Toto drake toilet in one of my bathrooms which I remodeled not too long ago It has largely been unused but it will be getting used more soon as I begin to remodel the other bathroom.

The care sheet that came with the toilet calls for cleaning the toilet with dish detergent and not to use acid/alkaline cleaners and also shows a picture of bleach with a line across it which I guess means no bleach based cleaners. This is new for me as I've always used toilet cleaners for cleaning toilets. Are there off the shelf cleaners I can use or does this mean me having to dispense dish detergent into my own dispensing bottles for use. Can I buy empty toilet cleaner type squirt containers to fill with dish detergent - I don't think I've seen any available anywhere.

Re: Toto Sanagloss toilet care

If sanitizing is your main concern, then liquid soap with a non-abrasive brush should suffice.
    If water deposits are the issue, then bleach won't be effective.
    Vinegar or a mildly acidic cleaner will break up lime and other mineral deposits and is safe for the sanagloss finish. Allow some contact time for it to work.
    If the water in the bowl leaves a ring, then you can empty it and fill it with the vinegar or mild acidic cleaner.

Comment

bleach is a no no inside the tank due to the plastic parts and rubber flapper.

soft scrub is ok.

Rick
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        bleach is a no no inside the tank due to the plastic parts and rubber flapper.

soft scrub is ok.

Rick
        I checked out that Soft Scrub - never heard of it before - but it says it has bleach in it and I thought bleach is no good for the Sanagloss.

Comment

Working...
        X