Bradfordwhite electric heater question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bradfordwhite electric heater question

Talked to Bradfordwhite and they suggested a mixing valve and then crank thermostats all the way up. They said it would not void the warranty. Tech stated that it would increase hot water by 25%. I went through the house again, and nothing appears to be tampered with. The conclusion that I came too is that the water here is hard and often builds up rust at the top of the water heater connector, because the copper connectors of today are CRAP, and are not true di-electric fittings. I use stainless steel flex Nut by Nut and pro press male adapters on. I think this rust build up was probably lowering the flow just enough to gain them a little more hot water. I put the valve on for free because it is a good customer and I probably shouldn't be in business for myself. He hasn't called back, and its been almost a week. I guess its working. Thanks for the help.
    "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Glad to hear it Worked out Jay. That seems like the best solution to me
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I was going to say crank them up to to 145 just two notches below max install the tank bottom feed to guarantee it's not mixing throw in an Apollo mixing valve set around 4 "check all faucets for temper urge with thermometer don't just do showers or tubs obviously due to limiting stop ect. Put in a thermal expansion tank and or thermal exp valve "super handy if theirs a floor drain or pan drain not protected by a trap primer" I like the Apollo thermal exp valves for that purpose I install only Bradford whites here they just changed the code so we can't install top feed tanks have to be bottom that's why I like the Bradford whites they come with a cap and plug and either bottom or top feed compatible so service I can match up with top feeds and new installs I can pipe them bottom without having two tanks on hand always.

Comment

Working...
        X