taco circulator with different model number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taco circulator with different model number

I have a question about 007-F5 series circulator. I have a 007-F5-12 installed. I found in Homedepot there is 007-F5 available. By looking at the specification on both circulator's body, I cannot see any difference except the model number: "007-F5-12" and "007-F5". Are them exactly the same circulator or there are some differences I didn't found out?

Re: taco circulator with different model number

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
    I have a question about 007-F5 series circulator. I have a 007-F5-12 installed. I found in Homedepot there is 007-F5 available. By looking at the specification on both circulator's body, I cannot see any difference except the model number: "007-F5-12" and "007-F5". Are them exactly the same circulator or there are some differences I didn't found out?
    Why not ask Taco? Maybe they'll slip up and admit they are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
      According to Taco the 007-F is the actual pump number and spec. Anything after it is a revision and reseller number. The pump performance numbers are based on the 007-F sequence.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

The one you have is black. The other is green.

Comment

According to Taco, the color is only an indication of OEM versus retail.
          ~~

Comment

This is very Common. Almost all brands that sell to the box stores have a different number, color, etc. In most cases it is a A, B, and C grade. This is why it is better to not buy plumbing from a box store. I worked with a purchaser of one many years ago. He would call up a supplier and threaten to pull the line unless they offered it at a lower cost. The manufacturers don't want to lose this type of retail, so they figure out a way to make it a little cheaper, and they say to the Buyer (Home depot, lowe's, etc.), How about we make a sku just for you. If you have ever called in a serial number on a in-sink-erator, they can tell you where it was purchased at. Same for Moen, etc. The warranty is usually the same, but in most cases the Plumbing supply house Grade "A" parts will usually outlive the Box store.
            "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Try to tell the customer that all they see is that it looks the same and overall cost. they dont see the plastic crap on the inside of item. they think that we as professionals are only trying to BS them for the sale.
              ~~

Comment

Working...
              X