How To Fix A Leaking Kitchen Sink Faucet Quick And Easy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Fix A Leaking Kitchen Sink Faucet Quick And Easy

Last edited by handymanguy; 02-24-2014, 01:20 PM.

Re: How To Fix A Leaking Kitchen Sink Faucet Quick And Easy

I sure hope that's not your own video. if it is, it's time to find a new occupation.

there are some many things wrong with that step by step that i'm not even going to waste my time to explain.

but for anyone else looking to learn how to rebuild a delta faucet, please don't follow that video's so called instructions. unless of course you're ready to buy a new faucet when you ruin it.

I really hope it wasn't your video.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The only real issue I see is using a pipe wrench on the chrome bonnet. Tape and Channel-locks work for me.

When I rebuild a Delta, I always replace the ball and large washer.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        I sure hope that's not your own video. if it is, it's time to find a new occupation.

there are some many things wrong with that step by step that i'm not even going to waste my time to explain.

but for anyone else looking to learn how to rebuild a delta faucet, please don't follow that video's so called instructions. unless of course you're ready to buy a new faucet when you ruin it.

I really hope it wasn't your video.

rick.

...what I would do would be to change all the parts. cap washer, ball, nylon ring, springs, cups, O-rings under the spout AND I would use genuine delta parts.

when disassembling I would loosen the nylon white ring a turn or two BEFORE removing the cap. THEN proceed with the rest of the repair and I'd make sure to change the O-rings under the spout too.

Comment

Half-Assing Your Delta Kitchen Faucet - The Handyman Way

~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

He put the springs in up-side down.
            God Bless You Super Good!!!

Comment

Can't see the video on my I-pad,,,,,,,

Comment

...try clicking on youtube at the bottom right of the vid. might work...

Comment

Originally posted by halfpint View Post
                  ...try clicking on youtube at the bottom right of the vid. might work...
                  Not their on I-pad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,checked on Toshiba laptop windows 8,,,,, there it is.

Comment

It's very brave to post a plumbing how to vid on this forum with someone like Rick around

In general lots of bad advice on the web and youtube - that why I prefer to stick to known forums like this one with knowledgeable members.

Comment

Also apparently not his first vid that Rick had some comments on

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t43689/#post399251

Comment

amazing, I didn't even remember that post until just now with your link.

what's even more amazing is that I went off on that video too, not even remembering that it too is from the same poster.

at least i'm being very consistent with my critique of the video's.

do you think he know's how wrong his video advise is? or is he just trying to get traffic hits and compensation from it?

thanks for keeping me on track.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Beats me why someone would do this twice - unless it's a troll looking for a reaction. Most people would have avoided posting a second one. But you get all sorts of people and it has become more apparent with the net - for example people who give advice on things they know nothing about like I said in the other thread.

Comment

What's the faucet cost? $50 - $70 bucks of so. I would recommend replacing it complete, so the Customer isn't calling back in 3 months complaining that his/her old cheapo faucet is leaking from under the base!

Comment

A GD pipe wrench! Thats awesome
                              26+6=1

Comment

Working...
                              X