Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Toilet seat is not sitting right on toilet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Toilet seat is not sitting right on toilet.

I bought a townhouse this year that was built in 1977. I am working on redoing my bathroom. I am pretty sure it is the original toilet. I noticed that the toilet seat didn't sit right on the toilet drifted off to the right. So I purchased a new toilet seat that was listed to fit all round toilets. It does the exact same thing. So I figure it must be something with the toilet itself. I do not see any brand name on the toilet except what looks like an interlocking URC or UPC on the toilet bowl behind the seat. In searching I think it might be universal rundle. Do you think its possible that only a toilet seat from the manufacturer would sit right on the toilet? I hate to replace the toilet just because the seat doesn't fit right on it.

thank you

I think I may have the tool you need for part of your job. It's called a "PVC Toilet Flange Cutter and Remover", it's a hand drill attachment that cuts pvc toilet flanges out from the inside. If you need more info write back and i'll try to get you the address.

Comment

Are you sure the bowl is round and not elongated?

Sometimes the seats are a tad larger or smaller. Make sure you use the double sided sticker adhesive that comes with seat and be sure to tighten seat bolts.

Comment

Sometimes the seats are a tad larger or smaller. Make sure you use the double sided sticker adhesive that comes with seat and be sure to tighten seat bolts.

Comment

Comment

Sry about the repeated posting, tried editting the other two
            but there still here.

Comment

To: rmurf69

Still looking for that e-mail and/or address & phone for the manuf. of that tool i told you about. Its a great tool, i've used it several times. Couldn't imagine my plumbing kit without it. It actually cups snugly into the downcommer and the blades cut from the inside out. You don't even see the cutting action. But you know it works when you pull out the toilet flange. Then what i do is i attach a union, extend and cap or union extension and re-flange depending on the job.

Comment

Sethen did you find anything yet?

Comment

To rmurf69: Yes i did as a matter of fact. I'm going to e-mail you the info because its not something you can find at the local hardware store, at least I've never been able to.

Comment

Working...
                  X