X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe rounder

Looking for a "pipe rounding tool". Resembles pipe cutter w/large wheels on bottom and also a large flat wheel on top, versus the cutting wheel.
    The tool is used for correcting small ovalities with metal pipe, so that the corrected pipe may accept fittings again. Do you have any knowledge of such an animal?

a flaring tool will work for smaller tube

Comment

I'm just curious, is this an actual machine you have seen or something you think might be available? The reason I ask is that it seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through to reround the end of a piece of steel pipe. The power involved to do this would lead me to believe that this would be a pretty expensive machine.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Dave:
        I'm just curious, is this an actual machine you have seen or something you think might be available? The reason I ask is that it seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through to reround the end of a piece of steel pipe. The power involved to do this would lead me to believe that this would be a pretty expensive machine.[/QUOTE]

This is only a hand tool, nearly identical to the cutter, we have used them in the oil and gas industry for changing the ovality of very ductile carbon based tubing.

[ 01-09-2003, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Coil Tuber ]

Comment

Working...
        X