X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metric Pipe Fittings

Does anyone know a stocked-up distributer of metric pipe fittings? Plumber you know of any? I can get them but the lead time is always high.

the dog
    the dog

No actually I don't. Fortunatly everything I deal with is still SPT. I guess metric plumbing is yet another price we will pay for our manufacturers selling out to China.

May I ask what kind of project you are using them on?
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber:
      No actually I don't. Fortunatly everything I deal with is still SPT. I guess metric plumbing is yet another price we will pay for our manufacturers selling out to China.

May I ask what kind of project you are using them on?
      It's some machinery built in Germany. I just need to transition. I've run into it before. It looks like about a 1/2" (10mm?) and I've run down a 1" line, as per plans. It's easier if the fittings are available, but if not my solution is to find a concentric weld-neck reducer that is smaller than the metric size. I then determine the diameter of the metric fitting and cut it to the metric size. Our welder butt welds it and we have a transition to standard American pipe. I just wish I could find a distributer, because, as I've said, it would be easier and less time consuming with the fittings.

Thanks for the effort Plumber.

the dog
      the dog

Comment

DOG, CHECK WITH "MCMASTERCARR". SORT OF A SUPER SIZE GRAINGERS.

THEY HAVE A WEB SITE AND A CATALOGUE THAT IS FULL OF SPECS. THEY EVEN DELIVER THE SAME DAY IF IN STOCK.

RICK

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK:
          DOG, CHECK WITH "MCMASTERCARR". SORT OF A SUPER SIZE GRAINGERS.

THEY HAVE A WEB SITE AND A CATALOGUE THAT IS FULL OF SPECS. THEY EVEN DELIVER THE SAME DAY IF IN STOCK.

RICK
          I've used McMaster-Carr for many years. As a matter of fact, I have the advantage of living 2 miles from one of their main distribution centers. I call will call an item in half an hour. But, alas, they do not sell metric. As stated before, I got it, done it before, it would just be easier.

Thanks for the help,

the dog
          the dog

Comment

DOG, I JUST CHECKED ON THE WEB SITE. CHECK PAGE #38 FOR METRIC X NPT ADAPTERS. ALSO THEY HAVE BSPT X NPT TOO. TYPICALLY THE'RE IN STOCK OR VERY FAST.
            THEY HAVN'T LET ME DOWN YET, BUT THE DAY ISN'T OVER.

RICK.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK:
              DOG, I JUST CHECKED ON THE WEB SITE. CHECK PAGE #38 FOR METRIC X NPT ADAPTERS. ALSO THEY HAVE BSPT X NPT TOO. TYPICALLY THE'RE IN STOCK OR VERY FAST.
              THEY HAVN'T LET ME DOWN YET, BUT THE DAY ISN'T OVER.

RICK.
              You're absolutly right. A big plumbdog bark in your direction. Arf, Arf.

My catalog is a little outdated. You came through.

Look, this is what this forum should be about. Plumbers looking for solutions. I know I am difficult. I always have been. But I've really come to respect everyone on this forum.

Thanks Rick.

Your Hero (just kidding),

the dog
              the dog

Comment

Re: Metric Pipe Fittings

a very late reply, i realize, but i just had the same question and found this in a search engine.

alas, for future generations of metric fittings searchers, i recommend trying out malone specialty.

(http://www.malonespecialtyinc.com/Ma...g/HomePage.htm)

not the prettiest/most helpful website out there, so it might be easier to call them (i couldn't make sense of the catalog, but they guided me to what i needed over the phone)

delivery sometimes is a bit slow, but prices are low. (that rhymes! heh)

anyway, good luck
                sean

Comment

google. breid................

Comment

I asked the Same questions a few months back ... 10mm copper tubing LOL I cured it ...LOL

Comment

We in Australia changed to a soft form of metric and kept the existing imperal pipe threads as they were everywhere at the time and still are 1/2"=12.700mm but as we have a soft metric measurment 1/2"=12mm and 3/4"=18mm and 1"=25mm and so on.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X